• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
pie list for 2019

Jan 26th Koffee Kup, Hico

Feb 23rd Pie in the sky pie co., Conroe

Mar 30th Sam's restaurant, Fairfield

April 27th Texan cafe and pie co., Hutto

May 25th, Farm house cafe, Huntsville

June 29th, Crow's country cafe, Anna

July 27th Louie Mueller bbq, Taylor (no pie here only smokey meat goodness)

Aug 31st, The shed, Edom

Sept 28th, Linda's southern Kitchen, Grandbury

oct 26th, Tony's Family restaurant, Sealy

nov 23rd, ?????

Dec 28th Moose head cafe, Crockett

Bonus pie run: May 13th, Moab Diner Moab Utah!

map

I am coming up blank on where to go for November any good ideas?

Last edited:
Been a while since you hit the BlueBonnet Cafe in Marble Falls?

Been a while since you hit the BlueBonnet Cafe in Marble Falls?

In m opinion, the last few times we went to BlueBonnet were not a good experience. The place is so busy with the regulars that the TWT people were spread out all over the place, had a long wait for tables, and the service was real slow.

In m opinion, the last few times we went to BlueBonnet were not a good experience. The place is so busy with the regulars that the TWT people were spread out all over the place, had a long wait for tables, and the service was real slow.

Ah, I have not been in a LONG time so was unaware of the negative issues. Thanks for the update.

What about Sissy's Saddle Shop Cafe? It is somewhere out by Cameron. It is not a huge place, but she does all the cooking herself with some help. We'd have to call ahead and give her an idea of what to expect though. Their food is excellent! There have been several TWT ride to eat meetups there.

https://www.facebook.com/CateringswithSissy/?ref=br_rs

Bluebonnet: yes, it's too popular for a big TWT crowd (IMO). Amazing pie, though. And donuts. And pot roast. OK, I'm hungry...

Kott's Cafe in Anderson is a great little cafe, local / family owned for probably 40+ years. Small, probably too small for TWT, but AMAZING pie.
Or something out west? Apple Store in Medina? Or something in Uvalde? I'm just looking over last year's map and seeing where blue dots aren't...

last time at blue bonnet I had to eat my peanut butter pie with a spoon it was to runny for a fork.

Here is a screen capture of the map

2019pieruns.jpg

What about Sissy's Saddle Shop Cafe? It is somewhere out by Cameron. It is not a huge place, but she does all the cooking herself with some help. We'd have to call ahead and give her an idea of what to expect though. Their food is excellent! There have been several TWT ride to eat meetups there.

https://www.facebook.com/CateringswithSissy/?ref=br_rs
Sissy's ....not a large place by any means...but in late Nov....near Thanksgiving....we may not need a ton of tables either.
Her meals are family style so no variety to order...everybody gets the same meal
Desserts are great

I believe Sissy only does catering now. I'd guess you would need a hard head count and guaranteed payment, probably in advance. Not that I can speak for Sissy, but most catering operations certainly would.

I believe Sissy only does catering now. I'd guess you would need a hard head count and guaranteed payment, probably in advance. Not that I can speak for Sissy, but most catering operations certainly would.
Just called them and yes only catering at this time. They are considering maybe being open down the road a few days a week. Sad news we were there at least three times and have filled them to capacity twice.

pie list for 2019

Aug 31st, The shed, Edom

nov 23rd, ?????

Jasper’s in bluff Dale. No pie but they have malts and shakes and some other dessert(s) of the day

So how does this pie run thing work? Do we all just show up at the designated restaurant and the designated date/time?
Pretty much. Larger metro areas will usually get a ride thread started and schedule a place to meet so they can go down as a group. But pretty much riders from all over the state, and sometimes further, will ride in, get together for lunch and pie, and then find a fun route home. Sometimes there's campouts the night before. All rides and campouts are scheduled apart from the actual pie run though. Plan on arrival around 11 to get in some bike oggling, general BSing before going in and having lunch.

How about Mary's Cafe in Strawn - it's been a few years since I've been there, but was good back then.

pie list for 2019

Aug 31st, The shed, Edom

nov 23rd, ?????

map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back