• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 Weekly Challenge for Photographers

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Apparently, it's got a wide audience.
https://dogwood.photography/52weekchallenge2019

Anybody up for the challenge? New photos only.
I'll post up the new challenge each Sunday night. Try to post your effort before the next challenge begins, but this is about doing, not rules, so if you're a day or two late, don't worry about it.
Week 1 Challenge:
Story Telling: Self-Portrait - Take a picture that tells us who you are, without actually showing your face.

Last edited:
I think I am up for it. I don't know if I will be able to complete every weeks assignment but will give it a go. i did go check out their linked facebook page and sent a request to join. Don't know if you have checked it out yet.

one of my decisions of 2019 was to delete my FB account.

I may be up for it. Would we post the weekly photo in this thread?

Yes, I was thinking those that want to participate in the weekly challenge could post their shot. I've been kicking ideas around for the Week 1 challenge.

Week 1. Interesting how a face "wraps up" the character of a person. Looking forward to seeing what others come up with.

i-tsC3ZT8-S.jpg

Having done a 52 week project last year (yes, I know I stopped posting mid-year, but I did shoot every week) it is a good way to sharpen your skills and far less challenging than a 365 project (BTDT). I'll toss one out for this week, but may not contribute every week.

600mmBTS.jpg

Been down with a bad cold most of this week and finally felt good enough today with the warm temps to get out and get some shots. Hope to contribute to as many of these as I can this year.
fullsizeoutput_1a84-X2.jpg

Some really good concepts & comps. Stealthcrf's intrigues me the most. Guessing vet, married, not afraid to get his hands dirty, and I'm seeing what looks like a significant scar in the palm, which I bet is a story in itself. TWtex85's seems straightforward, except I can't quite make out what the box is in the upper left?

Week 2 Composition: Rule of Thirds Motion
You already know what the rule of thirds is, now is the time to use it. Use Rule of Thirds to show motion in your picture.

Hmmm. I've seen subject position, lines of flow, and focus/blur used to show motion, but I'm going to have to think some on how you can use rule of thirds to show motion.

another thought. Post up multiples if you like. No judging here; just sharing & learning.

Week 2 Composition: Rule of Thirds Motion
This challenge is a challenge. I'm hoping to find a good action shot or something to show a panning motion. My chickens are lousy models. I think this implies motion, but unless I do a lot of setup and cut with my camera on a tripod, I think this is the best I can do with this concept. That, and I'm not excited about putting my good camera in that kind of dust environment.

i-hVxxKbx-M.jpg

"Easy" challenge this week:
Week 3
Inspiration: Black and White
Your inspiration this week is to simply take an amazing Black and White photograph of any subject you want.

stealthcrf, you've stumped me and got my curiosity up on what it is - a drive shave or axle with a bearing???. nice technique.

Week 4 Story Telling: Warmth
Tell a story that makes us feel warm inside.

^^^stealthcrf could use his B&W AR image for this weeks "Warmth" too. lol :-)

Back