• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Around the Bend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nevlec, can you do the Mexican Santa Elena ride on Wednesday?

Hey @JT I wish I could - we will not arrive until Thursday late morning. I will be staying until the following Friday (March 6) if that helps.

The plan is to truck up my xtrainer or xt225 and pitch my small 2 man tent somewhere. I appreciate your generosity ;-). This will be my first motorcycle rally :rider:

This will be a great intro. Best group of gentleman riders you could meet in the whole world, hands down.

I may take u up on that offer. Small pop up camper with very quiet Yamaha generator.
Could you post or pm an address of the spot? Thx. I’ll be arriving in the dark 4 am ish. Quietly I might add.

PETER, I HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE......I HAVE A 2 LITER BOTTLE OF MEZCAL I GOT IN MEXICO, AND I DON'T DRINK THE STUFF. DO YOU THINK THERE WILL BE SOME TAKERS?

PETER, I HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE......I HAVE A 2 LITER BOTTLE OF MEZCAL I GOT IN MEXICO, AND I DON'T DRINK THE STUFF. DO YOU THINK THERE WILL BE SOME TAKERS?
The only thing MORE likely to be consumed would be free, non-ethanol gas.

LOLOLOLOLOL You know there will be takers. Mezcal and Terlingua go together like peas and carrots.

Mextrek Amigos and Friends, come and camp with me!!!

I have small half acre property with free camping spot about a 2 - 3 minute moto ride from ride headquarters. I am going to set up camp when I arrive on Wednesday with a 10 by 20 circus tent, clear some sleeping spots under it, set up a camp fire ring, crank up my little quiet generator, and have some tunes playing. This will be my first time to camp there in 3 years of ownership. So exciting!!! I plan to come 2 days early and leave 2 days after the rally.

If you've eaten at the Chili Pepper Cafe you were close. For anyone who is self sufficient (aka I have no potty, real electricity, or running water) , you can bring a tent or travel trailer and set up. If no burn ban is in effect, then campfires are fine. This is about as close as you can get to ride HQ. And its free.

View attachment 248354

View attachment 248355
MexTrek- I love this offer! I just found out about this rally and I am in! do you have any space left? NP if no. I was planning on towing my camper but sounds like you may be full. regardless, thanks for being will to host all of us dualsporters!

What kind of range do you need for some of the rides?

My advice is a 100 mile minimum and 150 is better.

There are not a lot of fuel options in the Big Bend region. There is only one gas station in Study Butte, one in Lajitas, and two in Big Bend National Park. There is no gas in Big Bend Ranch State Park. With so few refueling options, I suggest a minimum fuel range of 100 miles.

The plan is to truck up my xtrainer or xt225 and pitch my small 2 man tent somewhere. I appreciate your generosity ;-). This will be my first motorcycle rally :rider:
I have been tossing around loading up my xt225 as well...they’re just so much fun to ride, like a trials bike. But the DRZ is a must for me. Clarke tank will give you 150+miles on your xt...or a gas can bungeed to the back

I have been tossing around loading up my xt225 as well...they’re just so much fun to ride, like a trials bike. But the DRZ is a must for me. Clarke tank will give you 150+miles on your xt...or a gas can bungeed to the back

I might pull the trigger on a new Clarke tank and just hope it gets here in time :lol2:. My klx400r was a great bike, but I just sold it yesterday because of the 35mpg average and premium gas requirement... It's a great bike and I'm sure I'll miss it.

Just for this trip, I finally ditched the stock tank and purchased the Acerbis 3.7. I use to carrying the Rotopax 1 gallon. Cant wait to get her out there!

Hoping a group goes to Top of the World? I've never been and really would like to explore that route.

Just for this trip, I finally ditched the stock tank and purchased the Acerbis 3.7. I use to carrying the Rotopax 1 gallon. Cant wait to get her out there!

Hoping a group goes to Top of the World? I've never been and really would like to explore that route.
Did the same for the Drz....in for top of the world if you want some company.

I might pull the trigger on a new Clarke tank and just hope it gets here in time :lol2:. My klx400r was a great bike, but I just sold it yesterday because of the 35mpg average and premium gas requirement... It's a great bike and I'm sure I'll miss it.
I bought the XT for my girlfriend.... was too much fun. It’s hard To exclude it on gnarly trails/terrain... I always end up smiling on that thing....total surprise.

Hey all - registered, looking forward to seeing everyone there again.

For anyone still considering sleeping situation - myself, my dad and a friend booked a house about 10 min outside of town and have an extra queen bedroom to spare for 1. If you're solo and looking for a place to stay, please feel free to join us. $92 / night for 3 nights. We plan to attend all the rally festivities planned by Richard. We are an experienced big bike group, probably riding Class 3 / 2 routes from Richard's guide. Feel free to PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back