• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Around the Bend

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is still looking for FREE CAMPING, I have property a half mile up South County road. If you don't know the area, this is between ride headquarters (1 mile away), and our morning breakfast at BB Motor Inn (4 miles away). I will be tent camping there. There is room for a few campers, trailers or tents. I have a covered area for shade, a picnic table, and will have some 5 gallon jugs of water, but this is primitive camping. There is a shower enclosure with one of those hanging camping water bags, but best bet for showers is probably the $2 showers behind the motor inn. You are more than welcome to camp here. I will be getting into town on Wednesday at the latest.

Last edited:
Hi Bill, I'm new to this group but looking for a place to throw a small tent. Bringing down dirt bike in small truck, so won't take up much room.
Also was thinking about going down a day or two early to get lay of land, if you don't mind early company.

Larry Dykes
Flower Mound (N DFW)
2001 F650GS
2017 KTM500
1996 KLX300

Hi Bill, I'm new to this group but looking for a place to throw a small tent. Bringing down dirt bike in small truck, so won't take up much room.
Also was thinking about going down a day or two early to get lay of land, if you don't mind early company.

Larry Dykes
Flower Mound (N DFW)
2001 F650GS
2017 KTM500
1996 KLX300

Got a space for you. Early is good. If by chance you will be arriving before me, I will give you the combo to the lock on my gate. No concerns. We'll touch base again as we get closer.

If anyone is still looking for FREE CAMPING, I have property a half mile up South County road. If you don't know the area, this is between ride headquarters (1 mile away), and our morning breakfast at BB Motor Inn (4 miles away). I will be tent camping there. There is room for a few campers, trailers or tents. I have a covered area for shade, a picnic table, and will have some 5 gallon jugs of water, but this is primitive camping. There is a shower enclosure with one of those hanging camping water bags, but best bet for showers is probably the $2 showers behind the motor inn. You are more than welcome to camp here. I will be getting into town on Wednesday at the latest.
I'll keep you in mind just in case Peter runs out of room.

Got a space for you. Early is good. If by chance you will be arriving before me, I will give you the combo to the lock on my gate. No concerns. We'll touch base again as we get closer.
If there’s still space... Only need sat night...the rest is covered. Thanks either way for offering!

For anyone with a DR650, I finally went to install the countershaft seal retainer and found the previous owner already installed one. So I have a brand new one I'll bring if you want it. They’re about $15 new, I'll take whatever offer for it.

I'll also be bringing a set of tools and stuff if anyone needs to do some repairs. I'll be at Chisos Mining Co.

For anyone with a DR650, I finally went to install the countershaft seal retainer and found the previous owner already installed one. So I have a brand new one I'll bring if you want it. They’re about $15 new, I'll take whatever offer for it.

I'll also be bringing a set of tools and stuff if anyone needs to do some repairs. I'll be at Chisos Mining Co.

I also will bring a couple tires for GSs as spares, it's hard to get tires out there and even your old pull offs could save the weekend for someone.

If there’s still space... Only need sat night...the rest is covered. Thanks either way for offering!
Absolutely. I will post some details on how to get to the property as we get closer (its very easy). Also, I will be at the High Sierra for dinner on Thursday, and BB motor inn breakfasts, if we need to touch base at the ride. If you know JT, I will let him know where I am so you can find me.

Just Thursday night Thomas?

Yes, i want to spend a day/night hiking in BBSP and then up Pinto Canyon and camp DMSP. Goto star party at McDonald Saturday night. Blast home on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, i want to spend a day/night hiking in BBSP and then up Pinto Canyon and camp DMSP. Goto star party at McDonald Saturday night. Blast home on Sunday.

Better buy your star party tickets now as they are hard to get if you wait til the day of. My experience was :it took several years for my schedule to line up with ticket availability.

Better buy your star party tickets now as they are hard to get if you wait til the day of. My experience was :it took several years for my schedule to line up with ticket availability.

Got them, thanks

The star parties are at the McDonald Observatory in Ft. Davis. I highly recogmend them, fun and informative, and in some of the darkest skies in US. The tour has a lot of large telescopes looking at various constelations and it's just a neat thing to do. It will be chilly. They start as soon as the sun gets fully down and the tickets are very hard to get, only 200 tickets, 2 X a week.

Richard just wanted to follow up sent payment with paypal and I'll be there.

I’ll be on a KTM 1290 SAR to give River Road a go(minus Black Gap probably). I only have one bike so it has to do the trick. I just hope my *** isn’t too sore from the Houston to BBNP ride. Anybody else coming out on a large adventure bike?
EETTU when are you planning to leave I'll be riding my AT out from North Houston i
. would love some riding company

What is Star Party ?
They blackout the entire observatory area, so as to make the viewing extra clear with more detail, you see most planets up close, lots of detail, powerful telescopes of all sizes, fun for the whole family, very educational, gift shopping too, the milky way visible with the named eye of course, got to do it at least once. Take some grandkids Mike if at all possible. Then in the spirit of sky viewing, take in the marfa lights experience for fun near marfa.

EETTU when are you planning to leave I'll be riding my AT out from North Houston i
. would love some riding company
I was planning to leave on Wednesday and split the ride into two days, taking a scenic route. Would love some company so come on if you can leave on Wednesday.

Registered! So pumped. Thank you for putting this on Richard! Going to be rolling down solo from DFW (McKinney) so looking forward to meeting everyone. Cheers! Stephen

Last edited:
Planning on heading there on Thu morning. Hope to camp at Peters ( looks like he's going to need to buy the next lot) if possible . Might bring a new guy in a 350 also.

MexTrek- I love this offer! I just found out about this rally and I am in! do you have any space left? NP if no. I was planning on towing my camper but sounds like you may be full. regardless, thanks for being will to host all of us dualsporters!
Two of us are camping at Coyote Crossing, a mile or less north of Study Butte. My buddy Russ is bringing a tent, while I have a truck camper. $12/night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back