• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Around the Bend

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Acres, Top of the World, $3500

I have 10 acres in the deep Solitario section of Terlingua Ranch. This property is less than 1 mile from Top of the World. It has nice varied terrain and awesome views into the Chisos mountains. I prefer to sell this to another rider, as it guarantees access to the Top of the World area of the ranch. POA fees are approx $175/yr, and taxes are approx $30/yr.

Tract #3057C. Approx GPS: 29°30'28.59"N, 103°44'34.57"W

I do not want to "hijack" this thread, so if you are interested, please use the "conversation" feature to reach out to me, or we can discuss at one of the planned dinner or breakfast events.

Richard/Admins - If you feel this post is inappropriate in this thread, please let me know and I will promptly remove it. I am posting this as sort of a "public service announcement". In my opinion, the more riders that own property on Terlingua Ranch, especially in the prime riding areas, the better it is for all of us.

Last edited:
Totally spaced out on registering. Just sent PayPal, see everyone there. Will be arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon and will be bringing the 1090 and the 501. Will also have some tools, spare tires, tubes and a rabaconda tire changer in case someone is in need...

Does anyone know if we can cross the border at the boquillas border crossing on our motos? Is the river low enough to cross on our motos? Would love to get some dirt riding in Mexico while on this trip!

Does anyone know if we can cross the border at the boquillas border crossing on our motos? Is the river low enough to cross on our motos? Would love to get some dirt riding in Mexico while on this trip!

Nope, not possible...

Can't take a vehicle across at Boquillas, but can certainly get some riding in Mexico - just need take that awful ugly curvy road to Presidio (I jest - probably the best road in the state, one of the tops period) and cross from Presidio to Ojinaga. Some fun riding there. In fact, you can join me as I go try to find Presidio San Carlos.

Last edited:
If anyone is still looking for FREE CAMPING, I have property a half mile up South County road. If you don't know the area, this is between ride headquarters (1 mile away), and our morning breakfast at BB Motor Inn (4 miles away). I will be tent camping there. There is room for a few campers, trailers or tents. I have a covered area for shade, a picnic table, and will have some 5 gallon jugs of water, but this is primitive camping. There is a shower enclosure with one of those hanging camping water bags, but best bet for showers is probably the $2 showers behind the motor inn. You are more than welcome to camp here. I will be getting into town on Wednesday at the latest.

Do you mind shooting me the address just in case Peter's place gets full?

I’ll be on a KTM 1290 SAR to give River Road a go(minus Black Gap probably). I only have one bike so it has to do the trick. I just hope my *** isn’t too sore from the Houston to BBNP ride. Anybody else coming out on a large adventure bike?
I'll be coming out of Houston on My AT

I was planning to leave on Wednesday and split the ride into two days, taking a scenic route. Would love some company so come on if you can leave on Wednesday.
I too was planning leaving Wed Morning and camping some where along the way also. To far for a one day trip on a bike.

Seminole was booked, so ill camp on Lake Amistad, hopefully near Box canyon on Wednesday night. U can check and get a spot with rangers outside del Rio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill be there Tuesday and would like to join in on some Mexico adventure

Ill be there Tuesday and would like to join in on some Mexico adventure
Just to be clear, the Boquillas Crossing only allows foot traffic. It is illegal to cross in or out with a motor vehicle.

Here are the directions to my place. This is primitive camping with a covered area for shade, a picnic table, and some 5 gallon jugs of water. There is an enclosed shower with one of those 5 gal solar shower water bags.... but the $2 showers at the Motor Inn are probably your best bet. I plan to tent camp here Wednesday to Wednesday, before and after the ride. Anyone who needs a place to camp is welcome.

Directions:
South County road is 4 miles west of Big Bend Motor Inn (gas station) on Hwy 170, or 1 mile east of the High Sierra/El Dorado.
Take South County road north .6 miles. I am the first road on the right (Cigar Mountain Road)
Go .1 mile on Cigar Mountain
I am the second driveway on the right (immediately after the only house on the right).
There is a small red "Vogl" sign at my driveway.
Go up the small hill on my driveway, make a left at the top, and go to the turnaround at the end of the road.
Pitch your tent, unload your bike, ride. :)
GPS: 29°19'38.09"N, 103°35'50.00"W

*****Please keep the bikes quiet and slow until you are at least a mile from my place...........don't want to piss off the neighbors*****

Last edited:
Not that I've ever seen. Most places take credit/ debit cards. It never hurts to have some cash in case the systems are down. Internet out there is mostly supplied by satellite or cell towers and not overly reliable.

Pro tip: get gas when you return to town at night. There's one gas station in Study Butte with 4 pumps. It can get backed up 30 minutes to an hour or more in the morning "rush hour" to get back into the park. If you gotta get gas in the morning, try to fill multiple bikes on one credit card transition (give cash to the guy with the card).

Jeff is correct on the pumps. Seems like at least one of the pumps is down at any given time too. The wait in the morning is usually long.

I'll bring my own fuel, it's cheaper and ethanol free (WalMart in Taylor).

We're a week away - almost. Here's Old Ore Rd last November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back