• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Around the Bend

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Dont forget about La Kiva, one of my favorite places. Been going there for 25 years....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sat at the bar first **** and a beer of the trip

How's Glenn Springs Rd difficulty wise?

What's should one do in Presidio?

Last edited:
Happy Fat Tueday from Study Butte!

REPRESENT!

Loaded up and ready to hit the road before sun up tomorrow. First time using the hitch carrier. 600 lb capacity Black Widow. Easier than loading in the bed of the truck. Can also use it with the wife's Tahoe.

Not that anyone will want to but I'll have my ham radio on listening to the 2m simplex 146.52 MHz, if you happen to see me. Also the linked radio system from Ft Stockton to Terlingua.
7b652b56988f9c490b7d1e6e3cb9e06e.jpg
356d6219f6296ec234efdc08336d3781.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What's a reasonable amount of time to complete the Top of the World loop that JT posted going at a good clip?

If we get in at 2'ish on Thursday can we make it up and down by nightfall?

Just sat at the bar first **** and a beer of the trip

:) would like to try your 501 sometime, leaving in the morning. See you all soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are at the perfect place just need to find a time. It really is a blast to ride.

debating on bringing my light, modded XT... it's just so much fun...haven't been to big bend so don't know whether it would be worth bringing or just staying with the DRZ only...
plenty of dirt experience, just never been to big bend.

any advice from those who have?

Bring both that way you have a back up bike. That is why I am bring my fiance's xt225. I rode it around the state park in January and it was a blast everywhere and it doesn't wear you out as much as the more powerful bikes.

Attachments

• 20200131_171336.jpg
    20200131_171336.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 253
Russ and I will be on big bikes today. 1090R and a wee. Wave if you see us.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can find a place to fill my fresh water tank on the travel trailer?
You can fill the tank at the Cottonwood store. Its a small fee for the estimated amount and an easy fill hose station.

I should arrive in Study Butte about 3:30 this afternoon. At Carl's Jr in Fort Stockton for lunch. Beautiful day, about 41 degrees along IH-10.

I'm in room 26 at Chisos. Bike unloaded, ready to go. Only plan is dinner. (512) eight two six 8473.

I heard the east side of River Rd is easier than the west side. Was thinking about riding from the east side to Glenn Springs and taking that road to Rio Grande Village. Is this route good for beginners?

Depending on which weather app you look at it's 28/29/30 degrees this morning. They say it'll reach mid-60's today.

Photo after I unloaded yesterday and a 500 mile drive.
3913d2579b78d292d7e95da04d5fd93d.jpg

Last edited:
How rough is the west side?
West side has more sand and loose gravel. You need to keep your speed up unless you want to duck walk in your bike for a couple of hundred yards at a time. Easy to go down in the deep loose stuff if going too slow.

East side is more packed dirt and only a few small stretches of loose stuff. If you are uncomfortable with riding in sand for long stretches do the east side.

Check out Mariscal Mine, cool place to hike around.

We're gonna ride bikes with windscreens and heated grips again today and head for Pinto Canyon loop. Text ninezerothree243fourseven88 if you wanna go. Probly leave Study Butte about 0930 from the Motor Inn.

We're gonna ride bikes with windscreens and heated grips again today and head for Pinto Canyon loop. Text ninezerothree243fourseven88 if you wanna go. Probly leave Study Butte about 0930 from the Motor Inn.
Windscreens and heated grips, what is this sorcery you speak of?

Back