• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Atomic 1000

Splash

User's account inactive by request
Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Harkins
Thought I would post this info, next month’s Atomic 1000 is unavailable. they have canceled the open house at the Trinity Site next month. I had already reserved myself a room in Denver City, Tx for Friday night to be staged. Disappointing. I was looking forward to redemption. As some may recall my attempt last April ended less than a hundred miles from my start due to my bad mental attitude. Last October, my second attempt was called due to mechanical issues in Tatum, New Mexico. I was hoping the third try would be charmed.

Dang it Brian, Brenda’s and your’s ride seems to be becoming my White Whale. But, I had a very good run last week, two SS1000s and a BBS1500 in a 5 day span. Not bad for a worn out old man. BTW, I love my new auxiliary fuel tank. I believe every leg was between 316 and 338 miles except the three ending receipts.

Another note, as of last night Paul said the Heart of Texas Rally is still a go at the end of April. My money is it too will go the way of the Dodo.

Yeah, I'm really surprised that the whole JAX Pizza Party took place. Thanks for the info about the Trinity, I wasn't aware of it.

That stinks, but I suppose that's all part and partial to the IBA thing. It isn't just about managing the miles, but all the surrounding circumstances as well, which in this case are more extreme than others. Good luck on your next attempt, and I hope you ride anyway somewhere amazing this time.

Four of us were going to Trinity site and then The UFO museum in Roswell. The governor of New Mexico mandated no large group gatherings .
We will see how the situation is in the fall.

From what we are learning of the aerosol transmission of this virus, and it's long life on surfaces, it may be impossible to adequately socially distance on a group ride of any size now, just due to gas station and parking lot meet ups. What a bummer. The link above and thoughts on hospital stays should the need arise due to an accident are also frightening. I've noticed even the country traffic out here is 10-15 mph slower than it used to be.

Back