• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: 2020 Katy Bike Night

Still interested as long as others still are. Would still like to do some group rides on a Saturday too. I've got new tires!

But I'll be out until who knows when. I've got the Kung Flu as does the wife and kid. Wife's having a difficult time but it's only been 5 or 6 days for her. I'm fine, just a nagging tickle cough in my upper throat kind of like an allergy but going on 2 weeks for me. Rapid tests stil show me as positive though I don't feel like it. But as long as everyone else has it, I'll be staying away from everyone.

Bob,

I apologize. I missed the part of your message about the Corona. I hope your family recovers soon.
Ghosted? Who got ghosted? lol

Yes, we are overdue to meet up. Sorry we can't return to Marini's and dine on-site. 9'er's Grill at Kingsland and Peek has indoor and outdoor dining as does Red River BBQ on Mason (where some of us went before when Marini's was closed).

PS: Get well soon, Bob.

So how about Red River BBQ for next Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
As Wyatt said, we've been there before.

Everybody, especially Harold @hambone334 invite everyone you know. Let's try to breathe some life back into this gathering.

I will wait for the new thread . . . the Late 2021 Katy Night - Bike optional.

I’m up here in a draconian state. Can’t make it.

I’m here. As far as I can Tell, no one could make it tonight. Traffic was crazy on 99 so I’ll hang out a little longer. Then I’ll place. a Togo order at Marini’s and pick it up on the way home.
maybe we can try this again after the weather cools down.

9692D927-C538-4AA0-9769-67B8D1AFCB59.jpeg

We don’t land till 11 so I’m out.

I don’t know what day it is anymore. We should be back so post up where and we’ll try to make it.

Last edited:
I’m going to be in town this week, gonna try to meet up with y’all
I could probably swing this. I had the Kung Flu but tested negative on Friday. I could use a little ride for some fried dough.

How'd you fare with the storm?

We did OK but plenty others didn’t

were we meeting up?

Anywhere with a patio or open seating is fine, bbq preferably 😊

What part of town you in Al? Bob you're around Tomball right? I'm outside Fulshear.
I've never minded running out to Katy from here. You would know that area better than us. If you pick, I'll show up.

Most the really good spots close about the time we would get there. Rudy's on I-10 (10 pm close) and Red River (9:00 pm close) on Mason open and both have patios. Any other suggestions?

Since when have we ever eaten that late? 7 has always been the meeting time.

One place I've been intrigued by is "the whiskey cake kitchen and bar" on the corner of 99 and I10. Menu looks good. Price wise, maybe more than we usually spend but then I can easily spend 15 bucks at Marinis. For 15 bucks, if i can eat better food, then why not?

What do you guys think?

I meant the good bbq places close 6 - 7 pm. It’s not bbq Al mentioned but I’m ok if y’all want to go there. Whisky cake, aside from their curious restroom design is pricy but ok. Let me know.

I meant the good bbq places close 6 - 7 pm. It’s not bbq Al mentioned but I’m ok if y’all want to go there. Whisky cake, aside from their curious restroom design is pricy but ok. Let me know.
As Al is now considered a guest in our state, I'm ok with him having the final say. There's a reson he wants BBQ. He's tired of Cajun roadkill. :rofl:

Isn't Spring Creek somewhere near the Wild West? Not sure which side of the road it's on.

Back