• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: 2020 Katy Bike Night

I don’t think he is open for seating. We were there a few days ago and just to go orders.

So much for tonight.

Attachments

• D61CE31E-2AA8-4431-98DE-8348883B908B.jpeg
    D61CE31E-2AA8-4431-98DE-8348883B908B.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 202
Has anybody gathered for dinner on a Wednesday night in Katy lately?
Is anybody willing to meet for empanadas next week?

This group has been very inactive, even before the pandemic.

They didn’t have seating available last time we were there a couple weeks ago. Just to go orders.

This group has been very inactive, even before the pandemic.
Well, in some members' defenses, they're pretty busy will playing tennis... or being retired...or playing with the grandkids... :-P

I've been thinking about posting up invites a lot lately. Been far too long. If Alex is ok with people sitting outside, I'm game for a run down there. It'll be dark of course. Maybe we can convince him to turn a light on.

Wyatt had an idea for another place as well. One that has a deck to congregate on. IDK what it is. Not my side of town.

Howdy Everybody!! It's been a while for sure - I unfortunately have a conflicting commitment every Wednesday evening. Please post any other "get togethers" or weekend rides as I would always like to get out with our group!! Stay Safe!!
Don
1971 Norton Commando
2016 Triumph Thruxton R

Red River BBQ just a bit north from Martinis on Mason Rd. has a large deck that could accomodate a group. Even a big sandbox for the dual sport riders.

Just an idea. I live in the area but havent had a street bike in a few years until recently.

Attachments

• 2016-12-29.jpg
    2016-12-29.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 2018-11-25.jpg
    2018-11-25.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 138
Red River BBQ just a bit north from Martinis on Mason Rd. has a large deck that could accomodate a group. Even a big sandbox for the dual sport riders.

Just an idea. I live in the area but havent had a street bike in a few years until recently.
I love BBQ. How is it?

I have been to Red River BBQ twice. Neither time was very impressive, however I believe they have undergone a management change. I would be willing to allow them another chance.

It's definitely not a "destination" type bbq place. They are a chain on par with Rudy's or Spring Creek. It was our go to curbside place during the lockdown and they were pretty consistent and accurate with the orders.

The idea I had suggested to Bob (and Harold recently) is 9er's Grill at Kingsland and Peek (just east of Grand Parkway). It is not gourmet, but the food is good and is reasonably priced. Also, there is a variety of menu items to choose from. They have plenty of parking and plenty of outdoor seating.

There is a new accessory store ( Cycle Gear). Opening next Tuesday. They have a meeting room good for 10 to15 w/ social distances. Might make a one off event next week.

Sorry. The store is located in the Katy Ranch Crossing strip center between Norther Tool and Duluth Trading. I-10 east bound feeder.

If Cycle Gear had an attached restaurant, like Easy Rider's did when they still existed, it might be a destination eatery. But not if the food is as budget as their Bilt gear.

I would but I can't guarantee I'll make it, I'm scheduled to be in clear lake Wednesday.

Back