• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 390 Adventure

That's a nice looking scooter! Did you bring it home?

I bet you could get a leftover Strom for near that.... Definately a CB500X

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Depending on how this bike performs off road, I don't see those being the competition. Having a Strom, I'd rather ride my 1190 off-road all day, not even close. This bike will be interesting, if the lighter weight makes it a gravel/two track capable option. I'm still interested. The only thing I could thing after Saturdays East Texas ride was...boy this bike(the 1190) is perfect for all day cruising, I just wish it was a bit lighter. In reality that means a 790, but that costs too much.

How much are they out the door?

Dec 30th I paid $4500 for a 2018 model.

NO tax because i bought in CA, register in TX.
Everything to title it in TX, minus inspection, was $322.50

grand total of $4822.50

Now i realize it's not a KTM, it's 73 lbs heavier, has 18 hp less, 5 speed vs 6, etc. weight and power are pretty signifigant, but for me the Himalayan works.

Dec 30th I paid $4500 for a 2018 model.

NO tax because i bought in CA, register in TX.
Everything to title it in TX, minus inspection, was $322.50

grand total of $4822.50

Now i realize it's not a KTM, it's 73 lbs heavier, has 18 hp less, 5 speed vs 6, etc. weight and power are pretty signifigant, but for me the Himalayan works.
Just so you know. The $300 or so you paid to register in Texas likely included 6.25% tax.

Registration and title itself is only about $80

I've bought out of state before as well and at least at that time,, I knew that Texas would definitely tax you on the purchase price. Judging from what you paid, it seems they still do.

For sure or we all would buy out of state to save tax.

Just so you know. The $300 or so you paid to register in Texas likely included 6.25% tax.

Registration and title itself is only about $80

I've bought out of state before as well and at least at that time,, I knew that Texas would definitely tax you on the purchase price. Judging from what you paid, it seems they still do.

it did. i was meaning no CA sales tax. Texas tax was $243.75

Last edited:
Back