• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 390 Adventure

The real Bert Reynolds
FB_IMG_1632242337336.jpg

Lol. Just didn't want credit for what I didn't and couldn't do.

Anyone changed sprockets on their 390? I'm looking for a 14T front and a 47T rear steel.

2022 KTM 390 ADVENTURE – HIGHLIGHTS

• Enhanced electronics as standard & OFFROAD TC for added adventuring potential
  • Stronger & more resistant wheels for tougher riding
  • 43 hp & 37 Nm (27.29 ft lbs) of torque through the latest Euro5 crafted engine
  • Segment-leading electronics incl. lean-angle sensitive ABS & TC
  • Dakar Rally-proven chassis architecture & settings
  • Removable steel trellis subframe fitted with just four screws
  • WP APEX adjustable suspension for the best response whatever the terrain
  • Dependable BYBRE brakes with 320 and 280 mm discs, two channel ABS
  • 14.5 l (3.8 us gal) fuel tank for excellent range & possible 400 km (248.5 mi) with one fill
  • Two-part seat & crafted bodywork as part of superlative ergonomics set-up
  • Brand new graphics & fresh look for both 2022 color versions

Now I am curios again!

4,100 miles on mine now. Just a few days shy of a year of ownership. Still digging it.

Great little bike for the rides I do.
I know you like electronic features. The '22 has offroad and street modes for TC. You better trade in that wore out 4.1K mile bike in pronto for a new '22 . You don't want technology leaving you behind. :lol2:

Would love to see how they behave at elevation. FI is pure magic but when the air gets thin... it'll be interesting.

Was hoping spokes!
Jack the price up about $1200 and.....

I would agree if they were tubeless like the current trend.

Jack the price up about $1200 and.....

I would agree if they were tubeless like the current trend.
Still not tubeless? Guess the cast wheels are?

Would love to see how they behave at elevation. FI is pure magic but when the air gets thin... it'll be interesting.
I had a Wr250r at 12000 ft loaded with my fat *** on it and it made it, albeit in first gear at wot but if the little whizzes can make it, this ought to be good.
6C546001-B879-46B3-80C4-B5C564E3C3F9.jpeg

C820DAF6-D9A2-447B-8BB1-03C297AB893F.jpeg

I'm really liking how manufacturers are now building smaller lighter ADV bikes without having to do the whole dual sport thing. I'm on a Royal Enfield Himalayan group and the amount of older riders who got tired of lugging around a big GS or GS alternative and swapped for the lighter more nibble bike amazes me.

I'm really liking how manufacturers are now building smaller lighter ADV bikes without having to do the whole dual sport thing. I'm on a Royal Enfield Himalayan group and the amount of older riders who got tired of lugging around a big GS or GS alternative and swapped for the lighter more nibble bike amazes me.

Well I think it could have much to do with the price tags also. $6k versus $26k is a huge gap. Especially for those that don't take long extended rides anyway.

Well I think it could have much to do with the price tags also. $6k versus $26k is a huge gap. Especially for those that don't take long extended rides anyway.
No, I think you're right. I certainly think that about the RE Himalayan... at $6K if I break something on the dirt (or lord forbid the street), it's way cheaper to repair it.

Is there any other bike out there at this price point with a similar electronics package?

Back