• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 390 Adventure

Just picked up a 2021 KTM 390 Adventure over Christmas to replace the stolen CRF 250L Rally.
I’m trying to find some 1-1/2” handlebar risers, preferably pivoting or offset and without having to replace any cables/lines. Not having much luck. The only one Rox Speed says is compatible is 2” and requires modification.

THIS one looked good and said 1 1/8th in the description but was too fat to fit in the existing clamp, even with the provided shims.
1641574816994.jpeg

Any suggestions? Thanks

Searching the forum for keywords is trickier than I expected. (Searching for keywords “390 and risers” brought zero results for me. Maybe I spelled something wrong)

Thanks! How difficult is the “rerouting” of the risers?
Out curiosity, why’d you list two different foot pegs? Of the two, which is lower?

Have you had an issue with the seat? I feel like I want to be a little further back, but the OEM kinda makes you sit where IT wants.

Heard anything about the PowerParts seat, which sees to be the only one piece option so far?

I installed the rox risers on my 390 adventure and also installed a new longer motion pro clutch cable. Both are simple jobs. It makes a huge difference in riding position especially standing up. I would not want anything less that the height of the rox risers personally.

I installed the Rox risers in about ten minutes, re routed the stock cable behind the bars, no problems.

Still not risen:

There are dozens of pivoting and offset risers for sale on eBay, Amazon and AliExpress- mostly priced between $25-50

(in comparison to the Roxspeed 3R-P2PPL390 at $115 !)

but there's NO indication if any of those others might fit the 390.

The seller’s descriptions list numbers like 7/8" or 1 1/8" or 22-28mm , but I can't tell if they're talking about the amount of rise OR the amount of offset OR some obscure unit of the handlebars themselves.

Near as my tape measure and poor eyesight brain can determine; the CIRCUMFERENCE of the middle of the 390's handlebars are ~4.625" or ~117.5mm which might make the DIAMETER roughly 1.472" or 37.4mm, right? I can’t find any risers for sale that mention anything close to those numbers. Am I doing it wrong?

Can anyone point an old hippie toward some $60> offset or pivoting risers for my bike? Thanks y’all.

Still not risen:

There are dozens of pivoting and offset risers for sale on eBay, Amazon and AliExpress- mostly priced between $25-50

(in comparison to the Roxspeed 3R-P2PPL390 at $115 !)

but there's NO indication if any of those others might fit the 390.

The seller’s descriptions list numbers like 7/8" or 1 1/8" or 22-28mm , but I can't tell if they're talking about the amount of rise OR the amount of offset OR some obscure unit of the handlebars themselves.

Near as my tape measure and poor eyesight brain can determine; the CIRCUMFERENCE of the middle of the 390's handlebars are ~4.625" or ~117.5mm which might make the DIAMETER roughly 1.472" or 37.4mm, right? I can’t find any risers for sale that mention anything close to those numbers. Am I doing it wrong?

Can anyone point an old hippie toward some $60> offset or pivoting risers for my bike? Thanks y’all.
Yes, you're doing it wrong. Your bars are 26mm if they are the same size as my stock 390 Adventure bars. The 22-28mm in the ads refers to the handlebar diameter. Those measurements are approximately 7/8 (0.867") and 1 1/8 (1.125"). Both refer to the diameter of handlebars that they will fit. 7/8" and 1 1/8" bars are fairly standard sizes. The cheaper risers I found on E-bay come bored to fit 1 1/8" bars. They come with inserts to make them fit 7/8" bars. My 390 Adventure came with a 26mm handlebars. I just measured them and they are 1.030", not a standard size!!! My DRZ400 handlebars measure 1.125" I would be wary of buying those to fit my KTM unless I was willing to manufacture the correct size inserts.

Thanks for the clarification! Maybe I ought not operate a tape measure without the instruction manual. This time I got ~3.2 circumference, which is a lot closer to 26mm. That egg on my face isn't very tasty when it's a day old.
Still, I haven't found any less pricey options than the Roxspeed. I don't mind a little shimming or trimming if necessary, but I'd like to find something closer than 22 or 28mm.
When I try to search for 26mm handlebar risers, most of the search results are for risers that raise the height by 26mm, not the diameter of the handlebars themselves.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification! Maybe I ought not operate a tape measure without the instruction manual. This time I got ~3.2 circumference, which is a lot closer to 26mm. That egg on my face isn't very tasty when it's a day old.
Still, I haven't found any less pricey options than the Roxspeed. I don't mind a little shimming or trimming if necessary, but I'd like to find something closer than 22 or 28mm.
When I try to search for 26mm handlebar risers, most of the search results are for risers that raise the height by 26mm, not the diameter of the handlebars themselves.
I'm amazed that you got even that close using a tape measure. 26mm is not a standard size for handlebars.

TJs said they had some in stock and were surprised to learn (after I drove there) that if the part number doesn’t have 390 in it (e.g. 3R-P2PPL390), it won’t be 26mm and therefore won’t work without modification.
Also, they weren’t even able to order it anyway for some reason.

Tired of looking, I just ordered directly from Roxspeed. Lesson learned; always pay full price. :)

I picked up my 390 from TJ's in Austin; traded a 2021 Kymco AK 550 scoot. Neat bike and a wonderful ride for the Texas hill country. I've already added a Tusk rear rack along with a tail bag. Also, a KTM tank bag and 10mm risers from Triple Clamp moto: https://www.tripleclampmoto.com . Note: website says for 790 and 890 but I messaged and found out they fit the 390.

tempImageB3l0lZ.jpg

tempImageQymmcw.jpg

Congrats! We need to get our small ADV bikes out for some rides. I'm toying with the idea of taking my Himalayan to Canada in June instead of my BMW GSA. Last weekend my wife and took out the Himalayans and did a ride to Stonewall and back using mostly backroads it was a blast. I have to say having now bought two bikes from TJ's, how much I appreciate this smaller family owned stores over the bigger corporate owned stores.

Congrats! We need to get our small ADV bikes out for some rides. I'm toying with the idea of taking my Himalayan to Canada in June instead of my BMW GSA. Last weekend my wife and took out the Himalayans and did a ride to Stonewall and back using mostly backroads it was a blast. I have to say having now bought two bikes from TJ's, how much I appreciate this smaller family owned stores over the bigger corporate owned stores.

Yes, would enjoy meeting sometime. TJ's was easy to deal with so recommend them. I plan on getting a single rail carrier to take the scooter with me when I go to Canada this summer; at this age I prefer to drive a car on long trips plus I can bring my bicycles.

Say…where is that “one lane bridge” photo? Looks like my kind of riding!

Last edited:
Just picked up a 2021 KTM 390 Adventure over Christmas to replace the stolen CRF 250L Rally.
I’m trying to find some 1-1/2” handlebar risers, preferably pivoting or offset and without having to replace any cables/lines. Not having much luck. The only one Rox Speed says is compatible is 2” and requires modification.

THIS one looked good and said 1 1/8th in the description but was too fat to fit in the existing clamp, even with the provided shims. View attachment 311161

Any suggestions? Thanks

Searching the forum for keywords is trickier than I expected. (Searching for keywords “390 and risers” brought zero results for me. Maybe I spelled something wrong)
I have some in the for sale section. Not sure if the are the right size for your bar. I have not sold the 1290 yet so I would be willing to part with them.

https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/no-longer-available-rox-pivoting-1-75”-risers-1-1-8”-bars-45-new-in-box.128854/

Last edited:
<<<< is>>>>
Setting the Stage...
Soooo, during my self imposed Exile from TWT I purchased this pre-spanked KTM Adventure... From a member(TWT), but off another Adv site... Had a good vibe about the deal... He drives up in a "VIBE" towing the 390 Adv... Mentioned I'd like to buy the Vibe also, didn't seem interested🤔 ...
On my bucket list of cars...
Stage set...
Less cash outlay to join the cool kids...
Less valve shims...
Less spark plugs...
Less fuel consumption...
Less reading on this thread, great portion edited...
Les (s)' are still less...
More <<< is still >>> fun!!!😎 Or did everyone move on, God forbid to electric???🤬
Enjoy your 4th of July...
Carry On

Back