• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 KTM 500 XCF-W

Rsquared

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/500-xcf-w/

Looks like KTM is bringing back the 4T XCW's. Hopefully 6 speed without all the emission non-sense. For me, this would make the perfect Dual Sport platform starting point.

I agree about it being a pretty great start as a DS platform. All it would need is a DS kit and a larger tank.

I had a 2007 450 XC-W and it was one of the best I've ever owned.

The 50 extra CC's and FI that is on this one would have made it even better.

Curious why this would be a better DS platform than the EXC-F? I love KTM but the models always seem very similar and hidden behind HD type lettering schemes.

Curious why this would be a better DS platform than the EXC-F? I love KTM but the models always seem very similar and hidden behind HD type lettering schemes.
For the EXC models to comply with epa standards require a lot of restrictions to the bike. From what I read, there is appx 10-15 hp reduction from the ECU, the restricted intake and exhaust. There are ways around this, like the Vortex ECU replacement and then de-smoging the bike. But that's pretty expensive. https://blaisracingservices.com/vor...-350/500-exc-husqvarna-fe-350/501-models.html

Also, the switchgear (blinkers, horn, etc. controls) on the EXC's is way bigger than I like on a dirt bike. I have a 14 450 XCW with a street legal kit and it still feels like I'm riding a real dirt bike. Hopefully, the new 500 XCF-W will have the same potential...

-

Keep in mind that RSquared has a garage full of KTMs that run the full spectrum of "dual sport" :-P So this would just be ONE of his dual sports and not intended to cover the full spectrum from light weight dirt bike for single tracks to full on heavy Super Adventure bike to eat up massive miles. I've lost track of how many different KTMs he has now... He has recently gone over to the BMW side though with a 1200 GS :trust:

Back