• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
If we're talking 2020's...
07-Moto-Guzzi-V85-TT-Travel-759x500.jpg

Reviews of the V85 have been outstanding, Guzzi factory in Mandello del Lario is going full blast building the bike to meet demand. Small factory: I have been there, about the size of a typical Costco in TX. I am keen on the rumored street version, with lower seat, with the new engine. Forza Guzzi!

I've been intrigued by these for a while, but I do NOT like that color scheme. The yellow and red and white and black was absolutely hideous, so hideous it was cool. This, I can't like at all.

Yep, that's the one that's so hideous that it's cool. It's like if you kept turning the ugly dial around sooner or later the dial goes so far to ugly that it trips back into beautiful.

I like the yellow/white version. AF1 in Austin also has it in red.

I'm guessing that earth tone flat paint is so that if the bike ever takes a dirtnap, the mud would blend right in.

Three dirt bike riders come down a trail, there's some dust in the air and a rider looking a little dazed and confused, eyes darting everywhere. No one sees a motorcycle though. Turns out, earth tones on a dirty bike were not a good idea after all as the rider has lost his ride.

Yep, that's the one that's so hideous that it's cool. It's like if you kept turning the ugly dial around sooner or later the dial goes so far to ugly that it trips back into beautiful.

:lol2: I fell in love the moment I first saw it. Took me right back to the Paris-Dakar pics I used to drool over in the moto magazines from my childhood. Guzzi ticked every one of my boxes except the 150hp box. :lol2:
GuzziDakar85.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a great looking one that looks like it weighs about 900 pounds. I was pretty shocked to see that it rips the scales at roughly Africa Twin numbers. I’m not sure I’d be happy with the power (or lack thereof), but I haven’t ridden one.

Pretty potent engine, lots of torque... Guzzi bikes punch above their weight.

Back