• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 November's ride to hill country. After twisted sisters ride.

Reaction score
After a detour because of a bridge out I stumbled over these great back roads river crossings, slabs and bridges.

Beautiful! What year is that NC750X? Did you keep it on dry pavement or were any of the bridges 'low' creek crossings? I ask because I love that bike, and wonder if it could do some of the light dirt roads I do on my KLR650.

Beautiful! What year is that NC750X? Did you keep it on dry pavement or were any of the bridges 'low' creek crossings? I ask because I love that bike, and wonder if it could do some of the light dirt roads I do on my KLR650.
Oh yeah šŸ˜Ž
It's a 2020 and I have already logged 10,500 on her! It will definitely handle light dirt, gravel and even sand. Depending on your trails experience. The 17" wheel though makes it a little bit more challenging than if you're on a 19" or bigger. Of course if you get on the NC750X forum they will cry and moan about how that bike isn't designed for it and you're going to destroy it and so on and so on. Hey I love to camp long distance and love to trail ride. There will never be a perfect bike for both tour, trail and camp but some have come really close. IE GS 12, Honda AT and so on. Keep in mind bigger = heavier especially by yourself. I ride her hard and yes laid down on a trail or two. I have no issues at all on long rides out to big bend or just out riding with our group Ellis County DS Adventure riders on a Saturday ride. Is this bike good for you? Don't know unless you try. I do know this... my next bike I'm looking at is a Honda AT just because of more uper end speed. Ofcourse because of the size of engine. The NC750X has a lot of low end torque but tops out around 75 80 mph then looses its quick recovery on rpm. But I have had it up to 110 going on Hwy 90 Del Rio TX šŸ˜†
The only question to ask yourself is, am I a DCT boy or a manual clutch caveman! Personal choice.
*** there are more videos on my YouTube page showing some rough dual track, dirt, gravel roads I've been on. Go check it out!***
Good Luck!

Keep the beer cold and the fire šŸ”„ going, I'll be in soon!

Attachments

• 20210926_171420.jpg
    20210926_171420.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 131
  • 20210710_103712.jpg
    20210710_103712.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 126
Great info, thanks! And as for the DCT, it seems a little strange. But I also remember driving only stick shift cars and the shift to an automatic transmission seemed a little weird. Now I doubt I could find a stick shift automobile I would be interested in.

Such underrated and sensible little bikes imo.

Thanks for putting that little clip together. We need to go ride again sometime.

Back