• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Sandwinders entry open

Row 61. Braking bumps and bigger sand whoops. Yippee.
Does this place whoop up bad? Can't remember, last year was end to end 1 foot deep mud ruts. First year was too long ago, can't remember, lol.

Does this place whoop up bad? Can't remember, last year was end to end 1 foot deep mud ruts. First year was too long ago, can't remember, lol.

Don't know. Never been although I have known the McMahans for 30 years, since we are all from Lubbock. The video I saw was sand and I remember the old Sidewinders race not too far from there in the 90s had some whooped out sections. So I figured this probably will get pretty rough. Plus I am already lining up my excuses for doing poorly, which if this race follows my last several races, will be what happens. Lost a bunch of speed around a two level spine fusion and a couple nasty crashes and am fading fast, ha. Don't care, I am having a blast racing with my two grown kids. It is a blessing. My youngest works on a ranch near Cherokee so I will swing by and pick him up on the way.

Don't know. Never been although I have known the McMahans for 30 years, since we are all from Lubbock. The video I saw was sand and I remember the old Sidewinders race not too far from there in the 90s had some whooped out sections. So I figured this probably will get pretty rough. Plus I am already lining up my excuses for doing poorly, which if this race follows my last several races, will be what happens. Lost a bunch of speed around a two level spine fusion and a couple nasty crashes and am fading fast, ha. Don't care, I am having a blast racing with my two grown kids. It is a blessing. My youngest works on a ranch near Cherokee so I will swing by and pick him up on the way.
Fun place with a few interesting climbs if they recovered from last year! Rain chances sneaking, not good, lol. McMahans are great folks, don't know them other than hanging with them at 2 Grinduros and the 2 races at the ranch. Wayne saved my bacon on a very nasty hill climb last year, indebted for sure, ha.
I'm sure your fading "fast" isn't as bad as mine, about to give the racing side up, still love to trail ride tho. Good luck and a blessing to race with your kids for sure.

Fun place with a few interesting climbs if they recovered from last year! Rain chances sneaking, not good, lol. McMahans are great folks, don't know them other than hanging with them at 2 Grinduros and the 2 races at the ranch. Wayne saved my bacon on a very nasty hill climb last year, indebted for sure, ha.
I'm sure your fading "fast" isn't as bad as mine, about to give the racing side up, still love to trail ride tho. Good luck and a blessing to race with your kids for sure.
How was grinduro? Want to try and go this year

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Most awesome thing I've personally done. Watch really neat guys one on one, Short, Bobbit. Cody Webb, Richard Buerleson, and Kirkpatrick. And the riding is awesome for ANY level. Good luck on getting in. Last year's participants get first choice then open if any spots left. I went first 2 couldn't go 3rd time, out of loop now.

Most awesome thing I've personally done. Watch really neat guys one on one, Short, Bobbit. Cody Webb, Richard Buerleson, and Kirkpatrick. And the riding is awesome for ANY level. Good luck on getting in. Last year's participants get first choice then open if any spots left. I went first 2 couldn't go 3rd time, out of loop now.
They're adding spots this year

450 and 394 signed up, anybody on the fence about going better enter early and not take a chance on having a spot Sunday morning.

And 18 AA, wow.

No, I was talking about getting in Grinduro! lol Think it's 66, whatever his number was.
Oohh. Its from there recent Facebook post! Talked with lance haley and brian pierce about it alot. Seems like s great time.

Yeah sandwinder is filling fast. 60% chance of rain on sunday...

Local weather dude this morning says Sunday afternoon is most likely for rain. Maybe you'll get in a good race and be headed home by then.

Local weather dude this morning says Sunday afternoon is most likely for rain. Maybe you'll get in a good race and be headed home by then.
Hope so

We're out here
bc2340320264589140f51b082889d3c1.jpg

Back