• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Sandwinders entry open

I succumbed to woodsguy's "such a loser" virus he started and didn't even go due to 80% Thunderstorm forecast. Cost me an expensive motel room and entry fee. Just got in a negative mood and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :thumbd: .

Don't blame me, I'm at work or would have gone. Best I can tell no rain. Aspear was doing good.

Weather turned out perfect! The rain we got was at the right time to cool me off! Sitting 11th right now

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think they've stopped bouncing around. I'll take it.
8652d65aa463daf507498e2d663ac7a7.jpg

Glad it stayed dry for you.
7 and 8 were alittle slick, but I kept it on 2 wheels...for the most part! I've never had that much seattime in a single day, I have no clue how I made it through the whole thing! Lap two was better than lap one for me for alot of it. Harrison only caught me at the last turn of the last test on the second lap!

Heā€™s doing B class too??!!!
No, he was in 250 A. You do not start on the same row as people in your class. That way you are running your own race.

So my first time on a dirt bike...did not go to well....however the soil samples are done! I hung it up on the first test. I just could not lift the bike off the ground any more. I had not worn motocross boots before and could not find the brake lever....as evident by the marks I left on several trees.

So my first time on a dirt bike...did not go to well....however the soil samples are done! I hung it up on the first test. I just could not lift the bike off the ground any more. I had not worn motocross boots before and could not find the brake lever....as evident by the marks I left on several trees.

Practice practice practice!

The first test was the hardest in mine and many others opinions.

You might want to play with brake pedal adjustment, maybe it was to low or to high?

It was a hard race!

I still say that is one of he best places to ride in Texas for singletrack. I wish I did not have the work trip planned to Orlando or I would have signed up.

Good for you for giving it a shot! Seat time is needed. Bet you're glad you weren't on the DRZ! That made me tired, lol.

Good for you for giving it a shot! Seat time is needed. Bet you're glad you weren't on the DRZ! That made me tired, lol.
I think next time I will sign up farther back in the row numbers too. So i can just go slow and not have to worry as much about holding people up and also do the super short, now that I have an idea of what is required to finish. That was tough!

I think next time I will sign up farther back in the row numbers too. So i can just go slow and not have to worry as much about holding people up and also do the super short, now that I have an idea of what is required to finish. That was tough!
Good idea on late row, and I'll be honest, Im doing super short for my next one because that's all I want, lol.

You actually did far better than you think., that was a big bite of the apple for a raw first timer. New rider never before in dirt, new serious bike, new boots,,,,,,lots of respect for you! :thumb:

Tried something new this weekend. No decent editing software, skills or filler material. Kept it short so people might actually watch the whole thing.

Back