• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Sandwinders entry open

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

I have registered for this event. I have never done anything like this, and have no off road experience, but will give it my best shot. My DRZ only has about 1500 miles on it now and that about sums up my experience....I did however, ride it through a mud puddle once.

I have registered for this event. I have never done anything like this, and have no off road experience, but will give it my best shot. My DRZ only has about 1500 miles on it now and that about sums up my experience....I did however, ride it through a mud puddle once.
Not sure if you're kidding about your experience or not, we might need to talk, or visit with @Irishcoffee , just saying!

What class?

Not sure if you're kidding about your experience or not, we might need to talk, or visit with @Irishcoffee , just saying!
Nope not kidding, and welcome any info or advice. I was just planning on trying to stay out of everyones way...and hoping someone there would point me in the right direction. If it got to be too much I figured I could just pull off and become a spectator.

Nope not kidding, and welcome any info or advice. I was just planning on trying to stay out of everyones way...and hoping someone there would point me in the right direction. If it got to be too much I figured I could just pull off and become a spectator.
Folks are very helpful (most are), lol. Is the DRZ the dual sport model? If so what tires? 50/50 might not be a great choice.

I signed up for 40SC, which i thought is the beginner class and a shorter course.
Having no idea on your skills or endurance I don';t want to step on toes! Forgive me if i do! My buddy who is a very good rider, just doesn't like the whole enduro scene ran the super short course at the Brune Mills event, about half of the short course. He was very happy doing just that, just a thought. I see you're on row 33, might request a later row, 50 -60, just be a lot less traffic to deal with although course will be a bit chewed up.

Feel free to ask any questions or to tell me to get lost! Not tying to discourage, just the opposite I want you to have a great experience with minimal problems so you'll come back!

Folks are very helpful (most are), lol. Is the DRZ the dual sport model? If so what tires? 50/50 might not be a great choice.
I actually just bought a KTM 300XCW.....but with poor weather and work...I have not even ridden it yet. Thats the bike I will be bringing.

I actually just bought a KTM 300XCW.....but with poor weather and work...I have not even ridden it yet. Thats the bike I will be bringing.
Oh, I feel much better now! lol.

• " Super Short – TSCEC Points Paying Class for each event for 2018 recommended to be 20 +or- miles (Super Short shall be offered by all clubs at a discounted rate).
  • * It is recommended that the Clubs have a few rows at the rear for first time riders to learn the sport."
  • Just FYI from the TSCEC rule book on the Super Short, your choice, with the 300 this might not be necessary, just an option.

Be glad to try and meet you at SHNF sometimes and ride if you like.

You have fotten some good advice. I would suggest doing all you can to get some riding in on that new bike, it is going to be quite different than your DRZ. And then at the event, just relax and ride YOUR own race. No matter what, a first event like this will have you nervous which causes early fatigue. Try to get through that early "tightness" and you will probably start doing better as you go along. Stop and take a break if needed. And most importantly, just have fun. That is what this is all about, fun! You will also meet some great folks, the enduro community here in TX is as good as it gets. Enjoy yourself.

Well said!

Hey, you really need to get some seat time on that 300. The things are outright violence with handlebars and a race is no kind of place to get aquatinted with it. If there is any way possible, take Woodsguy up on riding. He's forgotten more about motorcycle racing than I'll ever know. If he can't make it when you're off then hit me up. I have nowhere near his experience but we can at least ride and let you get a feel for throwing some dirt around.

Hopefully going to make it this yeah. @Mudslick will be racing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I won't make it this year. I did go to the first 2. First year was a blast, last year's mud not so much. Wish I could be there but can't.

Irish, maybe the logs will he gone by then.

Row 21

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Toothpicks, mere toothpicks! I should have looked for an earlier number but the Father/Son team I am riding with need the mental support I provide. ;-)

Guess all in the beholders eyes, the "Y" one will be a hang up for a lot of folks.

my fear! But I'll be running the gun range, won't have to worry about it.

Back