• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2021 Around the Bend: Mar 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ridden out there on bicycles and on pavement on a motorcycle, but haven't done any of the dirt stuff.

Guess I need to go check it out sometime.
Big Bend is one of the two best dual sport riding areas in Texas. The hill country is the other.

Wait, you've been there?
I've been to Big Bend, but I haven't attended this rally in the past.

I was curious what the draw was for this rally, but Rich summed it up I think.

Bunching up and riding some of the best dirt roads in Texas. Probably nice to have all those folks out there at the same time just in case someone needs help.

Haven’t been to BB in too long. Really want to do tent camping but this is a must trip for the wife too, and she’s no tent camper. Will be looking for an Air BnB. Maybe I can ride down and camp Thursday night, then wife can drive down Friday after work and we’ll stay in an Air BnB for the remainder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Done! I’m here -
HOTEL:Big Bend Resort and Adventures Highway 118 & FM 170
Terlingua , TX 79852 PHONE:432-371-2218

I'm bringing the Love Shack and the BMW 310 GS. Planning a ride the following week to Botapolis/Copper Canyon since I am already out there.

IMG_5011 (1).jpg
IMG_5240.jpg

Last edited:
Not this year, we'll be going to Galveston on the 14th for the week. Hope you all have fun!

In the past I've stayed at Chisos Mining Co (4 times) and when we brought our travel trailer at the host RV site. Earlier this year, at the front of Chisos and next door was a BBQ place that I went to. He piled my plate high and the Q was delicious. He's from the Austin/Elgin area, as I spoke to him. Nice guy.

For newbies, cell service is acceptable as long as Terlingua isn't too crowded. Expect 3G data speeds, nothing faster. If the place is crowded like last year then cell service (we have Verizon) suffers, data goes in and out. Some places have wifi, some places like Big Bend Resort & Adventures say they have wifi but it only works in the office, not in the park where your RV or tent is. Don't plan on it being a working vacation, be disconnected!

Not this year, we'll be going to Galveston on the 14th for the week. Hope you all have fun!

In the past I've stayed at Chisos Mining Co (4 times) and when we brought our travel trailer at the host RV site. Earlier this year, at the front of Chisos and next door was a BBQ place that I went to. He piled my plate high and the Q was delicious. He's from the Austin/Elgin area, as I spoke to him. Nice guy.

For newbies, cell service is acceptable as long as Terlingua isn't too crowded. Expect 3G data speeds, nothing faster. If the place is crowded like last year then cell service (we have Verizon) suffers, data goes in and out. Some places have wifi, some places like Big Bend Resort & Adventures say they have wifi but it only works in the office, not in the park where your RV or tent is. Don't plan on it being a working vacation, be disconnected!

Not Dave we will miss you!

yeah, agreed, disconnect for the time you are out there.

Gina, I would like to go but will have to skip a year. I had fun with you, Monica, JT and the other goobers at the welcome dinner. I really like it out there (not enough to want to move there) but it's not what it used to be as it's getting more crowded. Like I'm an old salt, my first visit there was Round the Bend in 2013. Maybe 2022, if there is one.

From 2020. Doyle and Joel! I don't remember the other guy's name. I still stay in touch with Doyle.
61055d4395579dd4a84f0bac253f0cee.jpg
7ad49f509feec49b71a0927081c6c0cd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That was fun, a whole lot of fun.

I don't think it's going to happen this year for me.

I’m not sure at this point either. March Is a long way off for me right now.

This may have been mentioned but that is the week of Spring Break and park area will be very busy. Just my two cents

This may have been mentioned but that is the week of Spring Break and park area will be very busy. Just my two cents

You're right. It's tough to visit the park in March without folks being there for spring break or just for the fine weather.

The nice thing about it is that the dirt roads we will be riding are never crowded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back