• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2021 CR450R and RX

RX is very sharp too.

Finally back to single exhaust, although I loved the look. it made it very expensive to get spark arrestors or replacing. And they have a hydraulic clutch! Luckily they did all upgrades to the RX also instead of waiting a year.
Looks nice, but it looks like I'll have to do the sensible thing and find someone unloading a 2020 model that already paid to replace the expensive exhaust. ;)

Honda said they were going to continue making the 2020 and sell for 1000 less than the 2021. Not bad!!

The Hondas look good. I even like the 450F road legal one. More flywheel and easier to control power. Heavier but easier to ride will make me want to ride. The X and Christini were really too much for my skill level. It took a lot of work to get to the point where I wasn't being ridden by the bike. If you had given me a X rolling chassis with the XR650L motor, I'd have been a happy guy. Low end grunt and easy to ride like my old XL600R. Too bad play bikes, even of decent displacement, these days still have horrible rolling chassis.

The Hondas look good. I even like the 450F road legal one. More flywheel and easier to control power. Heavier but easier to ride will make me want to ride. The X and Christini were really too much for my skill level. It took a lot of work to get to the point where I wasn't being ridden by the bike. If you had given me a X rolling chassis with the XR650L motor, I'd have been a happy guy. Low end grunt and easy to ride like my old XL600R. Too bad play bikes, even of decent displacement, these days still have horrible rolling chassis.
Being poor most things are a dream now, but I've loved the 450L from the beginning! The new RX might find a place in my garage, I had my 2017 450RX for 3 years, long time for me. Several TORCS podiums and a 2nd place in class the first year I had it, works better than folks give it credit for. Of course it helps being a big guy.

I have always wanted a 450 but dont know that I need one as I can get my 250 going faster than my talent level without much trouble, but I do like
the idea of all the extra torque of the big 4 stroke

I dont know about most people but steel tube frame bikes like the Gas Gas above just look so much slimmer and less bulky than the big aluminum spar framed bikes
on Honda, kawasaki, and Suzuki

I have always wanted a 450 but dont know that I need one as I can get my 250 going faster than my talent level without much trouble, but I do like
the idea of all the extra torque of the big 4 stroke
If ridden right 450s are easy to ride and last forever. And super fun when in the mood. Pop front tire up or kick the back end sideways just about any gear.

Last edited:
Nothing is more fun to play on than big, controllable torquey power. Those who are riding for fun should try at least one open class bike. I have minimal talent and have pretty much lost all my competitiveness so I will probably get another 450 just due to the "smile" factor. I'm thinking it may even help me get rid of a stuck kidney stone!

When we get smart enough just to do it for fun, nothing is more fun than a 450! lol

Nothing is more fun to play on than big, controllable torquey power. Those who are riding for fun should try at least one open class bike. I have minimal talent and have pretty much lost all my competitiveness so I will probably get another 450 just due to the "smile" factor. I'm thinking it may even help me get rid of a stuck kidney stone!
And I think a 450 get rid of a nasty stone first ride, lol.

Oh, I have ridden a few modern 450s they are a hoot, also had an XR500 back in the day now that was easy torquey power and for a couple of years raced a CR500R.
Having a lot of fun on the 250XC at that moment but may get a big modern 4 stroke next

a couple of years raced a CR500R
I've had 2, best I can remember I never raced I don't think. Back in the 80's and 90's I didn't do much if any racing! My last one was late 90's. I remember coming out to a trailhead and a couple of guys waiting and playfully bowing for anyone crazy enough to take a 500 on the trails! lol

I still have my CR500 but my crf450x is much easier to ride (probably not as quick!!) but i love my 450 and would never go back to a 250.. don’t like the new 2021 graphics (too much plain red) but would love to get a new 450, mine is A 2006 model that has covered thousands of miles and is a bit tired despite a recent engine rebuild. It still goes great but I hope to replace it in a couple more years with a new 450!

WOW! Rob, it's an all new bike this yr. :clap:

in the 11 min, 15 sec, honda guys say this 2021 platform will also include CRF450X & CRF450RL (50 states legal)

Last edited:
Amen Brother! I'll take one of those 600/650X's also. Today!

awwww, shucks! @woodsguy ...The party's OVER!!!!:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire The 450RL GETS BNG

" All of those updates that you read about for 2021 for the competition trio of the CRF450R, CRF450RWE, and CRF450RX do not apply to the trail-oriented CRF450RL and CRF450X. Traditionally, the non-competitive models skip a generation or two between updates, so don’t expect much to change on the RL and X until 2025. However, we are always happy for Honda to surprise us. "

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/17/2021-honda-crf450rl-and-crf450x-first-look-eco-friendly/

I have read several reports saying good things about the new 450L. Reports by individuals, not mags. It is a little heavy but seems to work pretty well used as intended.

Back