• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2021 Honda NC750X

Reaction score
Honda is updating the NC for 2021.

While it is becoming less of an adventure bike and more of a commuter bike, I think the changes are pertinent.

4 more HP, 13 pounds less and a center stand will now be available (probably as an option). The bike has been lowered and has less suspension travel meaning it won't be quite as good off road. The "frunk" is also a little bigger and gains 1 liter of space. Styling has also been updated. If you haven't tried DCT, you really are missing out.

All of those changes are putting this bike on my radar. No pricing yet.

2021-Honda-NC750X-20-scaled.jpg

2021-Honda-NC750X-21-scaled.jpg

2021-Honda-NC750X-18.jpg

2021-Honda-NC750X-14.jpg

2021-Honda-NC750X-32.jpg

My daughter certainly enjoyed her NC700X DCT. The lady we sold it to lowered hers two inches, I think. Interesting that Honda decided to lower it stock now. Can only assume this new 750 with more hp is more fun to ride.

I was a huge DCT fan when I started riding, but I sold my last DCT bike a year or so ago. Lately, I wonder if I were to buy another Honda, where DCT was an option, would I get DCT again? I'm not sure.

I'd definitely get it on a Gold Wing, but not completely sure I'd want it on an Africa Twin or NC750X. I'd have to do some extensive test riding to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new DCT is different from what it was on the NC700X. Much smoother for one. DCT is a lot of fun at the stop lights...

The new DCT is different from what it was on the NC700X. Much smoother for one. DCT is a lot of fun at the stop lights...
That is a great selling point. Just not a fan of the bird beak up front. The rear swing arm is cheap looking.

That is a great selling point. Just not a fan of the bird beak up front. The rear swing arm is cheap looking.

That partially explains the difference in price with the X ADV. The X ADV has a stronger swing arm, USD forks, double disk brakes on the front, better wheels, etc... But the NC isn't meant for off roading anyway. As I said in my first post, it is more of a commuter bike.

The X ADV is also getting an update but since we won't get it...

It's still a cool bike though:

honda-x-adv-2021-details-spec-price-(23).jpg

honda-x-adv-2021-details-spec-price-(10).jpg

That swing arm is so bad. Looks like it came off of a tractor supply 50cc special. The rest of the bike looks sharp.

I hope that seed is now planted in your brain. :) It matters for handling, maintenance, and overall aesthetics.

I can see moisture getting into the NC swingarm at the back cover and causing corrosion.

I don't think I've ever looked at a bike and thought, "I was totally into it until I saw that swing arm..."
Well it is the little things. On the Honda, it is so 80's. Suzuki does it too. I get why it is done but the cheapness shows. Kawi and Yammy dont do it. Neither do Triumph or Duc. Yeah that swingarm has stopped me from getting a bike.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I hope that seed is now planted in your brain. :) It matters for handling, maintenance, and overall aesthetics.

I can see moisture getting into the NC swingarm at the back cover and causing corrosion.
Most cases I tend to look at both sides of an issue, handling, maintenance and aesthetics... In the case of this swingarm both sides suck...🤔

I like the new look but yeah that swingarm is cheap looking. And that display is straight outta 2005. This is 2020, gotta spice that up a little with a TFT and some color.
1605110403382.png

Honda kinda sucks at displays, especially the newer ones.

I prefer their old, more simple displays like this one on the new CRF300L:

1605110794823.png

I'm still somewhat old fashioned when it comes to displays too. If you aren't going to go full TFT, then I'd just prefer good old dials.

I'm still somewhat old fashioned when it comes to displays too. If you aren't going to go full TFT, then I'd just prefer good old dials.
I'm simple for the most part. I like a dial speedometer, trip odometer and that is all I need. I don't own anything with a gear indicator and most fuel indicators are lacking in accuracy so I go by mileage most of the time. A tachometer is entertaining for the first ride or two on a bike or drive in a car, but after that it is all sound and feel for me.

If you ain't floating valves or bumping the rev limiter, you ain't doing it right. The other thing is you can't look at the tach and stare the other guy in the eye while you blip!

I'm trying to remember who in early 2014 bought the first NC700X, and reported about it on this forum. He loved the bike, but noted that, running in heavy headwinds, the bike barely had the power to hold speed at 70mph. I'm wondering how much power difference is there is in the 750.

I'm trying to remember who in early 2014 bought the first NC700X, and reported about it on this forum. He loved the bike, but noted that, running in heavy headwinds, the bike barely had the power to hold speed at 70mph. I'm wondering how much power difference is there is in the 750.

I think the power was rated at 51HP for the manual version and only 47 HP with DCT.

I had a 2016 manual NC700X and I later had the chance to buy a 2017 Honda X ADV 750. The X ADV was rated at 54 HP and felt much stronger than my 700X. At just about 59 HP and 13+ pounds less, the 2021 version should be miles away from the original 700X. The Honda DCT has come a long way too.

Back