• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Rebel 1100

I used to own Honda aero, ace and Sabre. All great bikes especially the Sabre 1100. I can’t do that feet in front, spine tingler seating position for very long, if at all, any more.
Yeah, on my VT1100 Shadow I was limited to no more than about 1.5 hours saddle time before I needed at least an hour break. Forward controls were fine for around town and such, but long distance, not so much.
My knees and hips would start to ache after about an hour, and in another 30 minutes, I had to get off because I would start cramping. Even with an hour break, I had maybe another hour before I had to get off again for a long break.

The Rebel 1100 looks more mid control compared to my Shadow, so may not be as bad.

I grafted floorboards from an Aero onto my ACE Tourer. With that mod and a CWI backrest, it was easy to run the entire range of the main tank before stopping. I really enjoyed that bike.

Yeah, on my VT1100 Shadow I was limited to no more than about 1.5 hours saddle time before I needed at least an hour break. Forward controls were fine for around town and such, but long distance, not so much.
My knees and hips would start to ache after about an hour, and in another 30 minutes, I had to get off because I would start cramping. Even with an hour break, I had maybe another hour before I had to get off again for a long break.

The Rebel 1100 looks more mid control compared to my Shadow, so may not be as bad.
I'm just the opposite. I need the forward controls like I had on my Shadow. Long legs and bad knees. I found with a Mustang seat, I could go quite a long ways on my shadow.

Looks like Vance and Hines had the same idea I had about an upswept exhaust:

48425_3_1800x1800.png

48425_1_1800x1800.png

I finally sat on one this morning. A DCT model too. It's a cool bike! It's very compact and feels pretty light for what it is. The bike I sat on was used and had only 20 miles on it. It had an aftermarket that was (too) loud. I'm going to investigate this bike some more.

I finally sat on one this morning. A DCT model too. It's a cool bike! It's very compact and feels pretty light for what it is. The bike I sat on was used and had only 20 miles on it. It had an aftermarket that was (too) loud. I'm going to investigate this bike some more.
20 miles?
Was it at a dealer or personal?
What was the asking price?

Probably could swap the exhaust with somebody else wanting a louder exhaust. One thing I can't stand is aftermarket exhaust and stock exhaust was trashed.

When I was looking for a Shadow a few years ago, aftermarket exhaust automatically took it off the list of potential buys.

20 miles?
Was it at a dealer or personal?
What was the asking price?

Probably could swap the exhaust with somebody else wanting a louder exhaust. One thing I can't stand is aftermarket exhaust and stock exhaust was trashed.

When I was looking for a Shadow a few years ago, aftermarket exhaust automatically took it off the list of potential buys.
The bike is at Stubbs Cycle.
I didn't ask about price. It's a pretty hard bike to find and the next batch is set for June so I doubt they will let it go at a decent price.
Yes only 20 miles on the bike. I saw the odometer. The sales guy told me that the buyer took it home and brought it back. Traded it for a Harley.
The exhaust was a Two Brothers Racing exhaust.

I wouldn't expect any decent deal from Stubbs.

The pegs would need to be further forward for me.

Has anyone bought one? Or knows someone who has? Any feedback?
Nobody personally, but a guy on a Honda Shadow forum I am on upgraded from a 2000 VT1100 Shadow for one and is happy as can be.
His only complaint is the chain drive instead of shaft drive, but that is more because he has only owned shaft driven bikes.
Says power is great, smooth ride and he loves the cruise control on it.

I have yet to see one in person.

Nobody personally, but a guy on a Honda Shadow forum I am on upgraded from a 2000 VT1100 Shadow for one and is happy as can be.
His only complaint is the chain drive instead of shaft drive, but that is more because he has only owned shaft driven bikes.
Says power is great, smooth ride and he loves the cruise control on it.

I have yet to see one in person.
I saw one at the dealership (twice) but I haven't seen it in wild. I think it looks really nice. DCT and cruise control make it even more appealing.

I wonder how comfortable it is 2 up. I am turning 50 in December and I would like to do a fly and ride next summer to celebrate. The Rebel 1100 is close to the top of my list.

Looks a lot like the Africa Twin engine.

As a bobber, it looks pretty nice. I can't stand to look at the standard version.

Honda is adding a nice pearl brown for 2022. $100 more for the manual and same price ($9,999!) for the DCT. Still haven't tried one. Honda of Houston had the maroon one in DCT last weekend. It's a nice bike.

2022-rebel-1100-pearl_stallion_brown-1950x1140.jpg

Back