• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Trail 125/ CT125

my trail 110 had the spots where the pass pegs go, it just had plastic caps in the holes.

Then if you have a passenger their legs go up and down with swing arm? No likey
I've done it a hundred times for short hauls. What is the swingarm travel? 2 inches? But in general hauling another passenger is a joke for any length of time. What works is that you can put a couple hundred pounds of cargo on the back rack, that is what it is for. The pegs are just decoration.

I've had to drag bags of corn or livestock feed by hand. More fun to put it on the rack. And this CT110 was sold for many years here as an off-road only for ranchers and farmers.

My complaints would be the lack of a dual range gearbox and the stock tires should be trials tires.

Isn't it one of those pressed hollow steel sheetmetal frames. Some old frames like that rusted from the inside out. I do like the looks.what is that black thing bolted to the swingarm?
Hard to tell from the pic, but I'm thinking there may be a more conventional tubular frame of some kind under there. Looking closer that looks like bodywork over some kind of frame underneath...but maybe not. If I understand correctly this is mostly Grom based, and Honda just did a masterful effort at making it look like the classic 90/110. Pretty cool actually, but I agree...way too much money for my taste. This coming from a guy who just bought a new-in-stock 2017 Kawasaki Z650 for $4800...but I'm cheap that way.:mrgreen:

4e4c1fb5-fc2e-4496-addd-fa653f6560ea-png.png

The good part start at 1:40. It looks like one tough little bike!

That was a neat video. I cringed when he rode it underwater, but that's just me not wanting to see good machinery abused just because...LOL! Nostalgia is great and all, but that bike is probably so far beyond the durability and performance of the old 90/110 series so as not to be comparable except for the nostalgic appearance.

The Eagle Has Landed!

Honda Powersports have introduced the all new Trail 125. If some of you guys follow Zack Courts on Revzilla, he will have a review by this weekend (I think).

Looks real good!

EnDdNfTXEAUj9UJ?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Is that lever behind the left foot peg part of a dual shift lever? I always hated those in the 60's.
I bet there will be plenty to go around next year. They aren't exactly bargain priced.

Just read it is kick and electric start. Didn't see conditional kick start in picture. Saw lever on left is it or part of center stand. Think it is about 250 pounds which is good. I like the spoke wheels . Probably over 4500 out the door?
Me I want to see new KLR

Last edited:
Stopped by the dealer a few weeks ago to talk about one of these. Salesmen said he has deposits for 4 so far. Does not know how many they are getting or when they will arrive. His advice was to wait till the demand and the supply equals out.

I my younger days we used a boat seat cushion for the passenger seat.

Attachments

• 10066711.jpeg
    10066711.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 288
Those tires look questionable at best. Not impressed so far especially at that price and weight. TW200 or VanVan seems a much better buy IMO.

Those tires look questionable at best. Not impressed so far especially at that price and weight. TW200 or VanVan seems a much better buy IMO.
I’m pretty sure the Trail125 isn’t chasing after a TW or a VanVan. It’s emulating the original CT. It’s nostalgia.

I really want to want one of these, but as you all have pointed out, it's a bit spendy for what it is. I also have had a VanVan on my wish list for some time now, and given the fact that the VV is potentially more useful and also costs less, hard to justify the Honda. But I still kind of want one of each.

Big problem for me is the size. I am assuming the ergos are the same or very close to the new Super Cub 125, which I sat on at RideNow in Austin. For a six foot tall guy with 33" inseam and 34" sleeves, that's just way too small. If you are 5'7" or less then it's probably fine. My family is full of taller than average people and this is just not compatible.

If they made a full scale one, I might be much more interested. And a 200cc engine, thanks. I think that's a VanVan.

EDIT: From the CycleWorld review: "Our photo model, at 5-foot-8 and 120 pounds..." And the bike looks pretty small for that guy.

Last edited:
I really want to want one of these, but as you all have pointed out, it's a bit spendy for what it is. I also have had a VanVan on my wish list for some time now, and given the fact that the VV is potentially more useful and also costs less, hard to justify the Honda. But I still kind of want one of each.

Big problem for me is the size. I am assuming the ergos are the same or very close to the new Super Cub 125, which I sat on at RideNow in Austin. For a six foot tall guy with 33" inseam and 34" sleeves, that's just way too small. If you are 5'7" or less then it's probably fine. My family is full of taller than average people and this is just not compatible.

If they made a full scale one, I might be much more interested. And a 200cc engine, thanks. I think that's a VanVan.

EDIT: From the CycleWorld review: "Our photo model, at 5-foot-8 and 120 pounds..." And the bike looks pretty small for that guy.

I think that's a misprint from Cycle World. The guy jumping in an above pic is Zack Courts. He is 6'2". He seems to fit just fine.

I think that's a misprint from Cycle World. The guy jumping in an above pic is Zack Courts. He is 6'2". He seems to fit just fine.

The guy in the jumping picture is not the same as the plaid guy. And that guy, you might notice, is sitting essentially on the cargo rack.

I never said they were the same guy.
I didn't mean to imply that, just pointing out that the "model" they refer to in the article is probably the plaid guy, who is a smaller guy, probably not a misprint. Seems the CT is just well suited for smaller riders. Probably the old ones are too.

Back