• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Trail 125/ CT125

I remember way back in the 60s or very early 70s when these things were available for rent at a place on the seawall at Galveston. Can't imagine the abuse those things took but every time I got on one they worked fine. Things were much more "loose" back then.

At 6'4", every sub 800cc motorcycle feels like a Grom. Only time I'd ever get on one of these is for a novelty moment.

If red isn't your color, Honda Japan has announced a khaki CT125 for 2021 - possibly a 2022 model for the US:

002_honda-ct125-huntercub-2021.jpg

If you didn't get yours, someone is ALREADY selling theirs on Facebook. Ha. Guy's located in Dallas. Just look up the Honda Trail 125 Facebook group. Get this: he only wants $4,900! What a bargain since it retails at $3,900.

If you didn't get yours, someone is ALREADY selling theirs on Facebook. Ha. Guy's located in Dallas. Just look up the Honda Trail 125 Facebook group. Get this: he only wants $4,900! What a bargain since it retails at $3,900.
Even including his taxes and fees he paid I would not think the total would be $4900 so yea he trying to turn a profit.
I will pass.

The new Trail 125 was unveiled this past weekend in Thailand. It receives the same new engine as the 2022 GROM. New color available as well "Safari Green." I am going to go on a limb and say that we will see it over the summer as an early 2022 model. I hope Honda brings in that new green.

Everything else is still the same and it still has the same semi automatic gearbox (4 speed).

If/ when we get the Trail with the new engine, it will make the 2021 Trail unique as it will be a one year model due to the engine in it. That's quite interesting.

The new green Trail 125

nc_ohc=15lMnGasJN0AX_FmX7X&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=geyOHiRKxz8AX-3d7OA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

The Monkey also gets an update with the new GROM engine and transmission (5 speed). New black wheels and different paint job. It looks really nice.

nc_ohc=ODoJEOrM84EAX8KV8DG&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=yzQR5T-TNkkAX_KL_SN&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.jpg

Young Machine (Japan) reports that the CT will gain 25 cc for 2022 and will become the CT150. If it's true, that would be awesome! Also, I'll take mine in the "Monkey" yellow pictured in the photo below.

YM2106_P001hyoushi_ryo_ol-1.jpg

There are several dealers (Austin, San Antonio, and Houston) who have a Trail 125 on their showroom floor. If anyone is interested...

Here’s the one at Kent Powersports in Selma:

Young Machine (Japan) reports that the CT will gain 25 cc for 2022 and will become the CT150. If it's true, that would be awesome! Also, I'll take mine in the "Monkey" yellow pictured in the photo below.

View attachment 291243
Heck 150 is great, but 200 would be even better. I agree on the yellow. I enjoy the smaller machines, except the prices. I guess I am stuck in the 80s

Honda of Houston had one listed on their webpage. I filled out the quote request and received emails about financing, making an appointment but no OTD quote. Direct emailed the sales concierge ( I guess that is the new name for sales person) for OTD price. .He replied OTD $5400 and some change for a $3899 for a 2021 bike. Think I will wait until the supply chain catches up with demand.

Honda of Houston had one listed on their webpage. I filled out the quote request and received emails about financing, making an appointment but no OTD quote. Direct emailed the sales concierge ( I guess that is the new name for sales person) for OTD price. .He replied OTD $5400 and some change for a $3899 for a 2021 bike. Think I will wait until the supply chain catches up with demand.
It may have been $5,400 OTD but they sold it. The Trail isn't $3,899 but $4,200 once you add the shipping costs listed on the Honda website. Dealers then can add whatever fees they want and then you add TTL.

I paid $5,100 for mine ($5,080something). That amounts to an extra $600 that the dealer overcharged.

I sold my 2022 GROM for $3,500 in 3 days. They go for about $5,000 OTD at dealerships right now - a lot more than what I paid last August when I bought it.

Just look around in the Houston area (Wild West, V1 Moto, Stubbs, Team Mancuso, Texas Motorsports, Honda of Houston), the only mini moto you can buy is pretty much a Super Cub right now. And not necessarily a 2022 model either.

This would not be my first purchase from a dealership so I understand dealers can add whatever fees / markup on their bikes and I have the choice to buy it at their inflated price or not . I choose not to , once the supply chain catches up and the I have to have one at any cost folks get one the price will come down .

We are at the start of the riding season and demand should increase. Honda hasn't announced the 2022 Trail yet. So it may be a while before inventory goes up.

As they say, time is money.

Honda Navi might be a answer.
Same story. Most dealers will sell them for $3,000 or more OTD when retail is $1,800. Even though it's a Honda, it looks cheap IMO. The bolts on the wheels look straight out of Home Depot. Some guys here already think a fuel injected 125 cc is already underpowered. How much power can an air cooled, carburated 110 cc engine really make?

Same story. Most dealers will sell them for $3,000 or more OTD when retail is $1,800. Even though it's a Honda, it looks cheap IMO. The bolts on the wheels look straight out of Home Depot. Some guys here already think a fuel injected 125 cc is already underpowered. How much power can an air cooled, carburated 110 cc engine really make?
Not much. I cannot get myself to pay almost double list.:nono: Bring back the 125 two strokes and that would all change. :flip:They would run circles around all those current mini motos. I know, I know just dreaming.:-D

Back