• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Around the Bend - March 3 - 6

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
RFS is an engine design that KTM used from 2000-2007.

Not Dave

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Hogate
Still up in the air as to:
Load bike on hitch hauler - quickest option
Load bike on utility trailer with room for others - cheapest fuel bill sharing option
Load bike in travel trailer (toy hauler) and stay at BBR&A - slowest option

Haven't yet decided on where to stay. Jerry said he's contemplating and knowing him he'll contemplate until March. I'll decide this week. Vacation hasn't been approved yet, can always cancel the reservation and complain about my employer.

Reaction score
Just booked. Ready to enjoy another Around the Bend. Now...which bike is going to get the nod...

Reaction score
First Name
Wayland
Last Name
Cooksey
I no longer own a dual sport, but have always enjoyed this rally. Are there any other street riders that might be interested to going?

Reaction score
HyperPro springs getting installed this week on my AT, Motaz adventure ready to mount in late February, campsite secured. I will be riding there from Austin to Terlingua. Any other adventure bikes doing the trip?

Reaction score
I am not taking my adventure bike. This is my first dual sport trip. Do people ride around big bend on their DS or trailer around to different destinations? Just curious. More complicated that just riding the GS out.

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
I am not taking my adventure bike. This is my first dual sport trip. Do people ride around big bend on their DS or trailer around to different destinations? Just curious. More complicated that just riding the GS out.
Most of the folks that trailer a bike out there just unload at their base (motel/ camp) and ride wherever they want to from there.

sandsman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Sands
I'm IN for another Uncle's! Woohoo!

And for another year I have my free camping spot, an easy half mile from the ride headquarters (with 24hr toilets, pay showers, gas at BB Resort).

Its just a half acre lot, in "town", where you can setup your own camp and chill. We'll have a fire, drink tequila, laugh and have fun.

Holds maybe 20 cars, 20 tents, 20 bikes. Can pull in a travel trailer no problem, down a 1/4 mile graded gravel road.

Quiet hours 3am to 7am LOL and NO loud generators at night.

Text me if you want in. 281-772-121 one

Peter, aka PDNorteView attachment 308521

View attachment 308522

View attachment 308523

View attachment 308525
Are you coming out for this years Uncle's?

Eulogite

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Edwards
I no longer own a dual sport, but have always enjoyed this rally. Are there any other street riders that might be interested to going?
Since I have room in the trailer for two bikes, one will almost surely be a very streetable machine.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Fischer
Jeni and I (and canine Pepper) have reservation at BB Resort. In Travel Trailer 3/1-7. Reg in mail. The three of us will be checking out the park from truck in addition to myself riding area first time off road. Looking forward to it.