• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Event Thread

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Riders,

Here is the 2022 events schedule. If you know of an event that is not posted here, please let me know so I can update this list.

Mar 3 - 5: Las Cruces Dual Sport Ride - Explore, Experience, Discover, Las Cruces, NM

Mar 3 - 6: Around the Bend Rally, Terlingua, TX

April 6 - 10: MexTrek #15 Resurrection

May 27 - 30: Texas Adventure Ride, Junction, TX

June 1 -5: MexTrek #16

Jul 25 - 29: 14th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride, Cloudcroft, NM

Aug 3 - 7: MexTrek #17

Oct 5 - 9: MexTrek #18

Nov 3 - 6: Hill Country 500, Kerrville, TX

There may be a Fall 2022 Sipapu ride also, TBD - https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/sipapu-fall-foliage-ride-l-thurs-9-23-21-sat-9-25-21.128112/

Last edited:
Thanks!

This followed me home yesterday so I'm prepared again :rider:

PXL_20210825_205543301.jpg

My son has just passed his bike test in New York & is looking to join us for Round the Bend '22. Obviously I'm super excited about this but I need a bike for him to ride.

So, perhaps someone is interested in helping fund their BB trip by renting us an appropriate machine? Something fairly easy for a new to off-road rider would be perfect, a DR-200, XT-225/250, KLR-250 or something of the nature would be great. He's a fairly cautious & respectful young man so would be gentle on the machinery.

Let me know what ya' got!

Guys, it looks like there will be a date change for RTB. Rich is currently in Terlingua working out the details, but there was a conflict with the original dates. I am sure he will update this thread and start a dedicated thread as soon as he can.

Rich, can you add the 4 Mextreks I have planned for 2022?

April 6 -10
June 1 -5
Aug 3 - 7
Oct 5 - 9
Added. I hyperlinked the April ride. Please let me know when you have ride threads up for the other three and I will add the link.

Hill Country 500.....had that on my brain today as well. I have it on my calendar.......

Hill Country 500.....had that on my brain today as well. I have it on my calendar.......
It's not happening. I got an email from Rich that he's retired from rally planning. Someone took over Big Bend and the other Hill Country ride. But not HC500.

Then I’ll probably post a thread under General Discussion/Upcoming Rides for that same weekend…..but won’t call it the HC500? But I will be riding in the HC on a 500….haha.

1663977624239.jpeg

Back