• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 October Texas Tiddler fun run 10-29-22

Reaction score
First Name
John
I received a message from Dennis. . . He informed me the fun run will be held on 10-29 at 10am. After the completion of the run their will be various games and fun events on motorcycles.

Same location as last year. Boles Field Campground in the Sabine National Forest.

Rats! Conflicts with the Harvest Classic.

More details from Dennis re: the Tiddler Fun Run October 28th & 29th 2022: Gathering/camping at Boles Field Friday the 28th, participating in a Fun Run starting from the Center square on Saturday the 29th at 10:00 am and back to Boles Field for bike games and the other festivities that afternoon and night. Johnny Hassely is bringing sound equipment for musical diversions!

More details from Dennis re: the Tiddler Fun Run October 28th & 29th 2022: Gathering/camping at Boles Field Friday the 28th, participating in a Fun Run starting from the Center square on Saturday the 29th at 10:00 am and back to Boles Field for bike games and the other festivities that afternoon and night. Johnny Hassely is bringing sound equipment for musical diversions!
Hmmm. I am confused on your start location. Where is the "Center Square"? I've only attending the May event and both days started at the Boles Field campground. Thanks.

That was obviously written by a "local." :-? The Center Square is the downtown courthouse square Center, Texas. Camping is Fri/Sat at Boles Field. It's ±14 miles from Boles Field to the Center Square were the ±60 mile Fun Run will Start. More details regarding the ride below:

hEzgO883xVNzUq9AfVx9bFdSigt&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=4ikRoP9jezMAX-GZM_X&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

Hmmm. Harvest Classic is the 21st and 22nd. This is the next weekend.
Yep. Had Harvest Classic on the mind, but was thinking pie run. Decisions, decisions..

I'm nursing a bad back but plan to attend. We will be at the Best Western in Center and likely just go to the start from there.

Definitely considering this, but how do we register for it?

I'm nursing a bad back but plan to attend. We will be at the Best Western in Center and likely just go to the start from there.
When I attended in May of this year I stayed at the BW and found it to be comfortable; most likely will stay there again this weekend.

... how do we register for it?

There is no registration for the "Fall 2022 Tiddler Fun Run" --- just the on-site registration for the ±60 mile motorcycle Fun Run during the Festival of Hope on the "Center square."

From: https://scttx.com/articles/boo’s-battle-support-fund-presents-5th-annual-fall-festival-hope :

The 5th Annual Fall Festival of Hope, presented by Boo’s Battle Support Fund, will take place Saturday, October 29th, 10am to 6pm, on the historic downtown Center Courthouse Square. Free Admission and lots of activities for the entire family! We will have a variety of vendors including arts, crafts, food, retail, and specialty items.... Lots of activities planned for the entire day: Free bounce house for the kids, Pumpkin Patch and Pumkin Decorating Station, Costume Contest, Gumbo Cookoff, Pie Baking Contest, Music, and Live Auction.
Motorcycle Show (Sponsored by Center Power Sports) - Registration 11am-12noon with a Registration Fee of $20, Awards at 2pm. Trophies awarded for divisions winners.
Fun Run - Registration begins at 9am. Fee $20. Run begins at 10am on Center Square. Prizes and Awards at 2pm. Refreshments, Multiple Stops and Goodie Bags.

All Proceeds go to Boo’s Battle Support Fund! Helping families battling cancer!... Visit our Facebook Page, Boo’s Battle Support Fund, and our website www.boosbattlesf.com to learn more about our organization. This event is hosted by the Boo’s Battle Support Fund, a nonprofit organization helping individuals and families battling cancer.

So this sounds a bit different from the May event. Will the course be similar with dirt roads? Obviously, the mileage is less than the May event.

There is no registration for the "Fall 2022 Tiddler Fun Run" --- just the on-site registration for the ±60 mile motorcycle Fun Run during the Festival of Hope on the "Center square."

From: https://scttx.com/articles/boo’s-battle-support-fund-presents-5th-annual-fall-festival-hope :

The 5th Annual Fall Festival of Hope, presented by Boo’s Battle Support Fund, will take place Saturday, October 29th, 10am to 6pm, on the historic downtown Center Courthouse Square. Free Admission and lots of activities for the entire family! We will have a variety of vendors including arts, crafts, food, retail, and specialty items.... Lots of activities planned for the entire day: Free bounce house for the kids, Pumpkin Patch and Pumkin Decorating Station, Costume Contest, Gumbo Cookoff, Pie Baking Contest, Music, and Live Auction.
Motorcycle Show (Sponsored by Center Power Sports) - Registration 11am-12noon with a Registration Fee of $20, Awards at 2pm. Trophies awarded for divisions winners.
Fun Run - Registration begins at 9am. Fee $20. Run begins at 10am on Center Square. Prizes and Awards at 2pm. Refreshments, Multiple Stops and Goodie Bags.

All Proceeds go to Boo’s Battle Support Fund! Helping families battling cancer!... Visit our Facebook Page, Boo’s Battle Support Fund, and our website www.boosbattlesf.com to learn more about our organization. This event is hosted by the Boo’s Battle Support Fund, a nonprofit organization helping individuals and families battling cancer.
Aha, nothing like first hand information! Thanks for the link :thumb:
We're hotel booked, so now just keeping an eye on the weather. Planning to ride either way (as long as it's not too bad), but our Ruckii don't have knobbies, so might be fun, lol!

I'm watching weather too. Right now it says rain changes 47% Friday, and Saturday 20%.

So this sounds a bit different from the May event. Will the course be similar with dirt roads? Obviously, the mileage is less than the May event.
The route for this Run was not laid out by Dennis, so I suspect the route will be mostly primary roads, as most folks do not venture into the dirt, gravel and blacktop roads that Dennis searches out for us.

The route for this Run was not laid out by Dennis, so I suspect the route will be mostly primary roads, as most folks do not venture into the dirt, gravel and blacktop roads that Dennis searches out for us.
While I'd much prefer some dirt roads, with the weather forcast showing as it is, this might be a blessing in disguise.

Yeah, but 0.06" by midnight Saturday, 0.01" by 0400, 0.00" by lunch, so we'll still take a chance.

Rain passed thru before the Fun Run, but it was still cool & damp for the ride. Here's a pic from the 1st stop:
20221029_161802.jpg

And a pic from earlier in the day, from Louisiana looking toward Texas across the Sabine River:
20221029_093147.jpg

Rain passed thru before the Fun Run, but it was still cool & damp for the ride. Here's a pic from the 1st stop:View attachment 334014

And a pic from earlier in the day, from Louisiana looking toward Texas across the Sabine River:
View attachment 334015
Thanks for posting the pictures. I had planned to attend but wanted to ride from New Braunfels which meant riding most of Friday in rain. Enjoy and post more when able.

Yep, that was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we decided to take a chance on the weather. Met some mighty fine folks, and ate some mighty fine food (in fact, too much!). Thanks for putting this together, Dennis, and thanks for telling us about it, Lee. We will definitely try to make the next one in the spring. Here's a few pics we took:

PXL_20221030_001428743.jpg

PXL_20221029_142014085.MP.jpg

PXL_20221029_142033121.jpg

Love this doggie's bandana :thumb:
PXL_20221029_181909243.MP.jpg

Very cool house we saw on the way over:
PXL_20221029_193624713.jpg

If y'all check back to this thread, see if this might interest anyone:

Back