• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

20th Annual Bite The Wieenie

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Dean posted this a couple of days ago. My hotel reservation is already made.

Why am I posting this here? Because there have been numerous riders that have come to Pink's from Texas, ate a hot dog, conversed with friends, and then rode back home.

This is one event that I don't do a certified ride for. I ride from Phoenix to Ontario, get my hotel room, leave the room about 7 pm and get to Pink's about 8+ pm. Eat, talk with friends, take photos, and then return to the hotel. Breakfast in the morning and then a quick ride back to Phoenix. When I leave Pink's depends upon my wife. Typically we leave 10-11 pm, but she may not go this year so I might actually get to stay out and play with my friends until midnight! :lol2:

The photo is from our first trip to Pink's in 2010. Although it's hard to make out, just over Brenda's right shoulder is Wendy Crockett, the winner of the 2019 Iron Butt Rally. Next to Wendy is Greg Marbach, another IBR finisher and Phx area rider. To Greg's right is Wendy's husband.

2010 first ride to Pink's.jpg

20th Annual “Bite the Wieenie” Ride To Eat 2020
Sorry riders for the late notification! Yesterday I went to Pink’s Hot Dogs to see what they did to make the place COVID-19 compliant.
PINK’S IS COVID-19 COMPLIANT!
Face masks are required in all areas except when eating in the outdoor dining area! The tight serpentine zig-zag order line in front of Pinks is now a single-line with 6’ spacing the warps around Pinks building and through the parking lot. Ordering & payment is at the same location one person/group at a time. The small indoor dining is now an order pick-up area. In my opinion the line moves somewhat slower! There are hand sanitizer dispenses throughout the order area and pick-up area.
The back outdoor dining area has been expanded 100% and all tables are 6’ spaced. The dining area is sectioned into 4 areas each with a hand sanitizer station and trash bin. There is an outdoor clean-up attendant with spray disinfectant attempting to wipe down tables. The restrooms are equipped with hand-motion activated faucets, disinfectant soap and paper towels.
And the possible 1-hour+ wait at 10PM for a $4.95 chili dog is a unique experience. Jacked up pickups, Porsches, pimpmobiles, and junkers all share a miniscule parking lot while stretch limos and Hummers circle the block while their contents wait in the 1-hour+ line. Besides us LDRiders with ATGATT, it would not be unusual to see unique body piercing, facial tattoos, the best body modifications that money can buy, spikes and dreadlocks, prom dresses, grunge street wear and barefoot surfers standing in line.
HOT DOG MENU
If you're into hot dogs . . . check this amazing menu out.
http://www.pinkshollywood.com/menu/ (link)
The top of the line gastrointestinal bomb is the “Mayor’s Dog”-12” jalapeno dog, tomatoes, chili, guacamole, grilled onions, lettuce & 3 slices of bacon = $14.45!!!! This might be a reflection of LA’s tax & spend mayor! Make a list so when you get to the front of the line, you don't start stuttering, mumbling or talking Pig Latin.
AMAZING EASTERN ATTENDANCE
Over the past decade, we have riders from the south-eastern US, the eastern seaboard, and Canada. Besides riding a 1,000 TO 2,000+ miles for a hot dog they come to experience California’s “Lane Splitting.” The only thing worse is riding though Ho Chi Minh City or possibly Cairo! It’s the most fun you can have with your butt in a continuous maximus sphincter pucker mode!!!!
WHEN
Saturday, Nov 21, 2020
Official Agenda +/- 60 minutes
To keep contact down, there will be no official sign-in rooster. Please set your own personal safe parameters and respect other riders by maintaining distance. Masks required, wear gloves if you wish, bring you own disinfectant as your backup!
10:00 PM - Tire kickin', tall tails, and flat out lies. Get in the order line when convenient.
12:00 midnight – Pink’s Closes
ADDRESS / GPS
Pinks (World Famous Hot Dogs)
709 North La Brea
Los Angeles, CA
(323) 931-4223
http://www.pinkshollywood.com/ (link)
GPS Coordinates:
N 34° 5.0516
W 118° 20.7945
Stay safe!
Dean Tanji

Menu Sales tax not included. Prices may vary.
ontent%2Fthemes%2Fpinks%2Fimages%2Fdrink-selection.jpg

PINKSHOLLYWOOD.COM

Menu - Pink's Hot Dogs
Menu Sales tax not included. Prices may vary.
http://www.pinkshollywood.com/menu/...0Lb1vRrZ2TmMbG3NtKl7x46jbu4X7tCFhQdO4133rQAWE

I saw your post on the other thread. I’m not sure I could ride that far. Plus it’s in the middle of LA, the last time I left there I made dang sure not to leave anything of importance behind.

I just saw a note on LD Forum saying 2020 Pinks has been cancelled. I have no first hand knowledge though.

I cancelled my reservation last night; the Covid situation in LA is getting crazy and I don't want to chance bringing home something to Brenda.

Posted by Dean Tangi a little while ago:

Bite The Wieeenie 2020 Ride To Eat CANCELLED
Because of major increases in COVID-19 positive test levels here in SoCal, I’ve made the decision to cancel the Official Bite the Wieeenie 2020. A large section of our Iron Butt Association and long distance motorcycle riders are retired and I decided to not drag them through the the highest COVID-19 “Purple” risk level.

The 20th Annual Bite the Wieeenie 2020 was scheduled for Saturday, November 21, 10:00PM-12 midnight at Pink’s Hot Dogs, 709 N. La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038.

This past weekend in LA County, 3,000+ people tested positive each day Sat & Sun. Today, Orange County and Ventura County both went from the 3rd highest level “Red" to the highest level “Purple” because of a significant increase in COVID-19 positive tests. Now the entire SoCal area is at the same as LA County … Purple (highest risk level).

It is possible to go to Pinks and maintain 6’ separation, eat outdoors at 6’ separation and have an unofficial Bite the Wieenie, but it’s every rider’s independent decision if the risk is worth it. Please call Pink’s at (323) 931-4223 for operating hours.

There will be other Bite the Wieenie's Ride to Eats in the future.

Thank you for your amazing past participation!!!!!!

My sincere apologies!

Bummer. I'll have to just eat a hot dog that day at my place. Mustard and relish. NEVER, EVER any katsup (stirring the pot). :popcorn:

Fingers crossed that the vaccines spread far and wide and become as effective as they say they are, and that 2021 brings us the 20th edition of Bite The Wieenie.

Bummer. I'll have to just eat a hot dog that day at my place. Mustard and relish. NEVER, EVER any katsup (stirring the pot). :popcorn:

I have a Costco less than six minutes away from me...not a bad dog (and a drink) for a buck and a half, y'know!

Mustard and jalapeño relish..mmmm, good!.

Fingers crossed that the vaccines spread far and wide and become as effective as they say they are, and that 2021 brings us the 20th edition of Bite The Wieenie.

🤧

Well, now - not saying I'm shocked, but...

My son called yesterday & postponed a trip to see his MIL in the Seattle area for Thanksgiving. Their Christmas trip here is now tentative.

I just had a premonition that things were going to change...

Thanks for the update.

I might have a chili cheese dog with onion and jalapeño when I’m riding the Big Bend Sunday- Tuesday. Dang I just might make it a tequila Dog. Giddy Up. My planned SS1000 has become a leisurely ride, going ride some old favorites and a couple of new ones, Now, now I’m talking roads. Come on over. Going to be in Fort Stockton Sunday evening. Monday night in Fort Davis.

A fine BBG distance from my place there, but...has it been officially announced it's happening?
Yes, I saw it posted somewhere (Iron Butt Riders on FB???) within the past week. However, that's over a month away and a lot more can change. Dean also does an end of the year ride in CA and I'm going to guess that will get cancelled as well.

<...>Dean also does an end of the year ride in CA and I'm going to guess that will get cancelled as well.
The state of California (and various subdivisions of government within the state...) is strongly prohibiting 'large' gatherings for the time being. Dean's comment in the first paragraph of the cancellation note for BtW would probably still be valid for the rest of the month, from what my son tells me.

Back