• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

21 Years and 160,000 miles ago

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Wow, I have owned my ZRX for 21 years. Met a lot of great folks both in person and virtually through this forum
because of this bike. Bike has gone through some changes over the years, and we have rolled a lot of miles together

Factory 2000 Black
A pavement bounce in Arkansas
Factory Green Bodywork to replace damaged parts
Midnight Blue Paint
Tangelo Pearl paint ( After my wife said the Blue looked like an old mans bike)
Current HOK Candy Apple Red
ZX14 Suspension Upgrade
Plus exhaust, rear shocks, Flatslides, cams and a host of other mods over the years

I have now owned it longer than any other vehicle i have owned.

Sad thing is it has not been ridden out of my neighborhood in over a year, I just don't seem to have any desire to ride on the street any longer. I do all my riding on either my enduro or trials bike these days.

Seems sad to see it just sit, sold my FJR sometime last year as it was just sitting as well. My wife even said she
would be sad to see it go as it has been around for so long it is part of the family.

Not sure what the next step is I guess I need to get the tags and inspection up to date and take it for a weekend ride to see if any street riding desire still exists

Bravissimo, love to see another bike that has now become part of the family.
While my Ayeron (04 Honda CBR1000RR) does not have quite as many miles
b/c of its age it too is now part of the family and gets to breath the fresh country air regularly.
IMHO nothing beats the feeling of an unfiltered motorcycle that gets regularly exercised.

Reminds me of a Yamaha Royal Star, Tour Deluxe, had it 17 yrs./100k. Tires and batteries and a lot of cruising.

Kudos to you. Love to see some pics of it, up close and personal.

I just don't seem to have any desire to ride on the street any longer. I do all my riding on either my enduro or trials bike these days.
I was hoping you might get the street bug again and we could do some rides together since we live so close.

Attachments

• 6-3 Ride.jpg
    6-3 Ride.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 156
I was hoping you might get the street bug again and we could do some rides together since we live so close.
I will probably inspect and tag it again and take it out to see if I am over the street or not, she has been far too good
a friend to let go without being sure, its done sporting duty, touring duty, track duty, pavement and or gravel roads
never complaining a bit

One fine looking steed. My old riding buddy had a green one.

I will probably inspect and tag it again and take it out to see if I am over the street or not, she has been far too good
a friend to let go without being sure, its done sporting duty, touring duty, track duty, pavement and or gravel roads
never complaining a bit
Not something to get rid of. Classic good looks and easy handling ergos, easy and fairly cheap to keep running compare to all the high tech stuff out now. Not something you'll ever find again. Trust me, I've bought the same Buell 3 times. I finally learned...

Just keep it fresh and ready to ride. I bet after awhile the urge to hit the street will come back. Make a nice hill country loop on an upcoming warm spring day.

Is there really a place called Rowdylett or is that just a play on words, typo maybe ? I get the same question, "is there really a place called Holliday".

Not something to get rid of. Classic good looks and easy handling ergos, easy and fairly cheap to keep running compare to all the high tech stuff out now. Not something you'll ever find again. Trust me, I've bought the same Buell 3 times. I finally learned...
Bob, I see a contridiction here you say you have learned but then you also state you bought a Buell 3 times ;-) ;-) Just kidding Bob, I rode a Buell Ulysess for a day and really enjoyed it was a cool bike

Is there really a place called Rowdylett or is that just a play on words, typo maybe ? I get the same question, "is there really a place called Holliday".
Play on Rowlett, anything but rowdy, in reality.

Attachments

• Royal Star Tour Deluxe 014.JPG
    Royal Star Tour Deluxe 014.JPG
    523.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Royal Star Tour Deluxe 016.JPG
    Royal Star Tour Deluxe 016.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Royal Star Tour Deluxe 019.JPG
    Royal Star Tour Deluxe 019.JPG
    524.8 KB · Views: 115
Back