• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

254 Courthouses in 2020?

Project: 254 Courthouses captured by EOY 2020

• PASS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LETS DO IT!!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
What if for 2020 collectively we gathered pictures with all 254 courthouses? It would be a much smaller project then some I've read about. The goal being to capture all of them by the end of the year.

It could be done alphabetically, year built, year the county was established, county size, or population, etc. I would be willing to facilitate the organization of the effort, monthly updates on progress, etc., if we decided the way we wanted to capture them. Once we decide how, I manipulate the lists I have to reflect the order to capture.

Would anyone be interested?

My dad and I started working on this a few year ago at the suggestion of my mom. Just trying to capture as many as possible with no real organization to it. Back then both my mom and dad rode. Neither of their health held out long enough to get very far but it was an idea I really liked and kept up for a little while before loosing steam.

CRH

Sounds like fun, lot of work for you.

Alphabetically? That would be tough. Several years ago I had about 70 counties done then the hard drive I was storing photos on died. It’s work doing it by yourself but it’s THE way to see the entire state. I got to meet a lot of folks who were genuinely interested in my quest and saw a lot of neat architecture. I’d suggest just getting started if you’re by yourself by doing it by regions.

Here’s the list.

With that, when do we start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6efe6e50ff443abde9949234487ed5a2.jpg

Just for a poor start. McLennan county courthouse in Waco. Raining nasty morning and obviously no bike. I’m on call today and have to be in the cage.

Haha. I was planning on catching McLennan next weekend to start it off. I think I can get 7-8 next weekend by making a loop around Waco in just one day. The ones I'll struggle with are the NW Plains area, and far west. I'm waiting on a windshield for the FJR, and it really needs a new front tire, and some Front and Rear suspension work. I messed with it this weekend to put a bandaid on a worn out rear shock. If the weather is close to decent next FRI, SAT, SUN, I'll be capturing what I can.

I like the thought of a firm end goal of EOY 2020, keeps me motivated to keep it going.

I started taking Texas Courthouse pictures November a year ago. Doing it as a memorial for a dear friend that passed away 4 years ago. He had taken pictures of a number of Texas courthouses, but after his death no one could produce his portfolio. So, I started from scratch. Have a blog Bud's Courthouse Tour with 38 courthouses. I started with some very defined criteria for each picture, but after I got started, I realized the need to make exceptions. Some of the most distinctive courthouses are hidden behind trees as old as the courthouse itself. Often I'd ride 2 or 3 hours to find an event going on around the courthouse or vehicles that blocked the perfect angle for taking the picture.

You are welcome to copy any of my pictures, but I'll continue to take my pictures as long as I can. I'm sure my time will run out before I'm through. Good Luck with your adventure.

Later, Bud...

I've got about half of them. I know several people here have all of them. There's something like 265 including retired courthouses

I looked back through my pictures from when I started working on this a few years back and found several I'd captured from around the Heart of Texas. I apologize if I
took any from those planning to capture their own. These were all taken back when I had a 2012 Bonneville SE, and an FJR1300ES. Both were great bikes, unfortunate I don't own either anymore. I traded them for a HD CVO Streetglide. Then I missed them both so I then bought an older FJR1300, and then fell in love with a Bonneville T120 so I have my FJR and Bonneville back. So the new pictures will feature the 07 FJR (primarily) and the 2017 Bonneville. The CVO got traded for a Fatbob S. It makes complete sense if you don't think about it that much...

My plan was to grab a few more yesterday, but a minor maintenance item on the FJR turned into a full front fairing removal. Now its back together, its a beautiful day, but I have kid watch while the Mrs. is at a meeting. I may go grab Hamilton or Hill or both.

Bell County (Belton)

Bosque County (Meridian

McLennan County (Waco)

Coryell County (Gatesville)

Lampasas County (Lampasas)

San Saba County (San Saba)

Mills County (Goldwaite)

Erath County (Stephenville)

Mason County this past Friday (not my pic)

View attachment 285781

One article I read said he also set fire to a house. I think his beef was with the home owner and he set fire to the historic court house to consume the fire department ensuring the house would burn. The problem with trying to figure criminals out is they are not thinking correctly to start with so they do bizarre things sometimes.

Randomly posting courthouses is going to make it very difficult to keep track of which ones have been posted.

Andrews County Courthouse, Andrews

Angelina County Courthouse, Lufkin

Archer County Courthouse, Archer City

Armstrong County Courthouse, Claude

Atascosa County Courthouse, Jourdanton

Austin County Courthouse, Bellville

Bell County Courthouse, Belton

Bosque County Courthouse, Meridian

Coryell County Courthouse, Gatesville

Erath County Courthouse, Stephenville

Lampasas County Courthouse, Lampasas

Mason County Courthouse, Mason