• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2nd Annual Beyond EPIC Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
610018878_BQcq2-O.jpg

Guys going to try and make the ride again this year, really had a great time last year!!:thumb:
Also does anybody need a roomie? Don't snore too loud, will bring extra ear plugs:lol2:
Also Bob i think the entertainment looks good. After the act should make some good BBQ.:lol2: :chug:

I'm in. Sharing a room with Jbay. As far as cigars I have a couple in the humidor. I'll dig up one of my Macanudo's and bring it.

I will have Gurkha Symphony 5 year Connecticuts (very mild), Don Pepin 601 Blue maduros, Don Pepin 601 Reds (full bodied), Carlos Torano Virtuoso Toros, and more to share. I will bring my Alec Bradley lighter too. Let me know if there are any special requests for specific cigars. The KLR is going to Wood's for a new wiring harness and muffler bolts this Thursday (due to a recall). Still have the CRF 230L to ride. See you all on Sept 5.

Oh man I'm late to the game. I'll start working on the kitchen pass and remaining room reservations. TJRockit I know you're lurking, what were your plans??

Funny, I just sent him the link yesterday because he hadn't seen this thread. He ought to weigh in soon.

More like 2.5 to 3 hours to Austin depending on stops.

Snot, I just found out I will not be able to do this ride. I was gettin pumped up to go on this too.

Richard I may have to purchase the GPS tracks and maps from you. This looks like an excellent adventure ride. I will not want to wait a whole year to try it.

Took me 4 hours to reach ABIA on a 250cc bike, multiple stops.

I have confirmed that I will not be able to spend the night on Saturday. But what I can do is a day trip on Saturday. So I plan to tag along for a while but at some point I'll need to turn back and head home.

Something is better than nothing. ;-)

I have clearance, I'll be looking for a room, probably at Sun Valley if they still have any. I'd be willing to share with a non-smoker if anybody else is looking. Chowdown are you going?

J

yep i'm going. i have a room booked at The Hills. i sent you a pm a coupla days ago asking if you wanted to hook up, hadnt heard from you so i figured you were still working on permission :-P .

Oops! I'm in across the street at Sun Valley. We should convoy down to Richard's meeting spot. Now I just need to get an aftermarket tank for the DR so I don't have to tank up off of you on the trip out... :)

Oops! I'm in across the street at Sun Valley. We should convoy down to Richard's meeting spot. Now I just need to get an aftermarket tank for the DR so I don't have to tank up off of you on the trip out... :)

I can't remember for the life of me the rate I got at the Rodeway Inn a while back. Still thinking of heading to Junction.

How much did your room go for?

I won't be making it this year. Heading to the Cloudcroft area for riding over Labor Day.

There's not much in the way of water crossings in the area. I rode across Verde Creek last weekend and it was neither.

You guys be safe and have a good time!

Joel.

I use a Zumo 550. The Garmin 60CX is popular with the dualsport crew. Handheld and color. Very rugged.

Knowing Nothing about the GPSs, I just bought an iphone, and was wondering if there is a gps app for it, and can all Richards maps be dowloaded on all GPSs??

I use a Zumo 550. The Garmin 60CX is popular with the dualsport crew. Handheld and color. Very rugged.

+1 on the Zumo 550. Easy to see in sunlight. I used a 2610 for awhile, but the display was not as readable as the 550 in sunlight. Option for satellite radio is a nice touch too.

Zumos can be found on the Internet for much less than retail by googling around a bit..

Ermmm... I think I'm glad I don't "get that" at my motel Trice :).

Justin, a single non-smoking room cost me $34.39. I may have a buddy throwing a therma-rest on the floor, I'll find out soon. If not, you're welcome to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back