• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2nd Annual Beyond EPIC Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermmm... I think I'm glad I don't "get that" at my motel Trice :).

Justin, a single non-smoking room cost me $34.39. I may have a buddy throwing a therma-rest on the floor, I'll find out soon. If not, you're welcome to it.

I appreciate it, keep me updated! Thanks!

Now I just need to get an aftermarket tank for the DR so I don't have to tank up off of you on the trip out... :)
You're welcome to my jimmy rig if you want to save some cash. I found it works real well and I didn't have any spilling issues.

IMG_3367.jpg

Or you can look at these guys or try eBay. I watched for about 6 months before I found a really good deal.
http://www.justgastanks.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_69_172

Thanks Tom but I just couldn't do that to my poor DR :giveup: :lol2:

I was this --> <-- close to pulling the trigger on an IMS tank but then I started getting worried that I needed the Pingel petcock based on all of the complaints I was reading, and I wasn't looking forward to the usual fit problems. The petcock put me well over $300 and well into the pain threshold. So, I picked up one of these instead 1 Gal RotopaX . Sure it's spendy for a plastic fuel cell, but it saved me probably $300 and I can always use it when I eventually get the IMS for even more butt-killing range :trust:

my IMS still has the stock petcock. You can make them work fine. Too late, but just letting you know. I may end up with another petcock down the road, but they work. Apparently there is a stock yamaha one that is pretty cheap that works too. Don't remember which one right off the bat.

Ok richard i'm in see you in austin. Sounds like there will be a better turn out this year!!

I was talking to Chowdown (Jason) at lunch yesterday. We are thinking of meeting near my house in Round Rock/North Austin and heading down the meeting spot on 71 together. If any of you want to join us heading down 620, PM me. If I get several responses I'll start a separate thread to track this. I'm thinking we'll meet at the Jack in a Box at RM620 and Great Oaks. Should be kick stand up at 7:30am if we are going to meet Richard at 8:15am.

I am gonna be new to everyone in the group so I will meet everyone then, I live near New Braunfels so I may just head out early and meet in Austin since it starts in west Austin anyway, I have been riding for nearly 30 years myself (age 43) and I ride a DRZ400S, I am really looking forward to this ride and to meet fellow riders like myself, the Inns Motel is booked so I got room at the Lazy T just down the road ($30), she had 2 rooms left as of this Saturday afternoon, I look forward to meeting everyone!

Bob

I live near New Braunfels so I may just head out early and meet in Austin since it starts in west Austin anyway...

Bob

Alternatively you could ride 46 to 281 to Blanco and meet at the C J's Food Plaza Exxon right there in the middle of town. Check with Richard to see if he is going to pick up slugs there again this year...

BOB,good choice on motel,I'll be there also. Stayed there on the last TAR ride and had no problems. You did read the memo newbe brings beer,snacks,cigars for all:rider:

Alternatively you could ride 46 to 281 to Blanco and meet at the C J's Food Plaza Exxon right there in the middle of town. Check with Richard to see if he is going to pick up slugs there again this year...

That won't work this year. We are riding a different route this year. If you have a GPS I've posted the routes for download in the first post in this thread.

The alternate link-up point could be the convenience store at Round Mountain (on Hwy 281, just south of the intersection of 281 and 962). It's point D on the Google Map. My group will arrive there about 9 - 9:15 a.m.

Last edited:
Round Mountain is fine as long as that is a planned stop for you all, I don' think I am missing any real offroad riding before you hit this area anyway, I would head straight up 281 then, I don't have a GPS as of yet but I guess I will plan to rendevous in Round Mountain, my DRZ only has about 100 miles before reserve anyway, I don't have a lot storage so I will have to buy, new, fresh, cold beer in town, atleast for those of us at the Lazy T!

my number is 210-865-0781 in case someone needs to call me ahead of time

Bob

it actually looks closer to meet in Austin, I assume that point A is where the ride starts, Round Mountain is close to 90 miles away as compared to 60 miles from my house to Austin, in for a penny, in for a pound, or atleast a pounding on a stock DRZ seat! I have a throttle lock so that helps on the drone on Hwy 35, see how it goes, still have 2 weeks to figure it out

Bob,

Yes, point A is our start point. It's the parking lot of the closed Albertson grocery store at the Y in Oak Hill.

Coolhand, did you get that tank locally, or order it?? Richard, Ill meet Yall at Jack in the box.

I can't ever recall seeing Rusty so dressed up, either. Is that a photo from his wedding day? :)

Oh, and CoolHand convinced me to come along on my DR650 for the ride, so see ya there!
~Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back