• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2nd Annual Beyond EPIC Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I have hotel rooms :

Heart Of Texas in Austin Friday night.

Sun Valley Motel in Junction Sat. night.

Both rooms have two beds. So if someone wants to share a room let me know.

Eagle, where are you guys meeting in Houston to head to Austin?? I may leave earlier than 5:30 PM. But I may wait and link up with you en-route. What route will you take to Austin from your neck of the woods??

Yall have to do a U turn to get to the Heart of TX hotel. Just to let you know, its on the opposite side of the road that you wil be on. Just thought Id let you know, so your not looking for it on your side of the HWY

I had two rooms reserved at the Hills Motel for September 5, 2009. My son and his friend have decided to take on nature and camp out. They are looking for the full experience of dual sport riding (still young). I will be canceling one room reservation around 10:00 AM this morning.

EagleSpirit,
Just PM'd my cell number to you so you can call when you get off work.

hey solo rider,that sounds good, I have a non smoking double room at the hill country near the ride starting point.
we can split it if you want, the only thing is that it may be about 5:30 before I'm ready to ride on Friday, unless i can manage to get out early from work.

Well unfortunately I am not going to be able to make this ride, opening up a new dining room @ work on saturday and gotta be there.

The meeting place address is:

7101 Hwy 71 West, Austin, TX.

This is known as the "Y" in Oak Hill, formed by the intersection of Hwy 71 and Hwy 290. Meet in the the parking lot of the former Albertson's Grocery Store, next door to a Jim's Restaurant.

Now that I think about it, I should add - this is the official meeting place. Others may be linking up elsewhere and joining us en-route.

Last edited:
Will see ya'll at Jim;s bright and early Saturday morning,:sun: Will be there early eating breakfast and having coffe.:eat:

I'm a little confused on the Saturday morning meeting place. Is it basically on the corner of 183 and Spicewood Springs Rd (McNeil Dr)?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=jim's+restaurant+austin,+tx&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=4bb1eec54ca89dc

Tom, a few of us are meeting up in Round Rock, near me, at the Jack in the Box on 620 and Great Oaks at 7:30 (well, leaving at 7:30) to ride down and meet up at Richard_'s start. You are welcome to join us if you want.

Otherwise, the Jim's is pretty obvious on the south side of 71 near 290. Basically the light to the west of 290 and 71.

Hello everyone! I am new guy to this forum. I did the TAR ride in 2008. I have been watching this thread for a while. I even got the room in Junction about a month ago but was not sure if I could make it. Now I can make it. I will meet up at 281/Round Mtn at 9am. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Will see ya'll at Jim;s bright and early Saturday morning,:sun: Will be there early eating breakfast and having coffe.:eat:

Mmmmm, Jim's breakfast. I'm mighty tempted to join you...

I too am new to this but think I'll give it a try. Hope to see everyone bright and early at Jims. I live in Katy and will trailer my bike to the meeting place. Is anyone else leaving from this area and how secure will the truck/trailer be in the parking lot?

Richard, did the route change from the original GPS tracks you put up for download?? I have downloaded them but want to update if they changed.

Well, finally out of lurk-mode.

I booked a room a 2 weeks ago, hoping to finagle enough 'pass time' to make this ride.

Well I will be there. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

John :rider:

wedge1,

The Albertson's parking lot is right in the middle of a lot of retail stores. Your truck/trailer will be as safe there as anywhere, I think. But, to be fair, it's not guarded or fenced in any way and the Albertson's is closed (Jim's shares the parking lot and it's always open.) Your other option would be to pay to park at one of the airport parking lots in their fenced lots.

bsheet2,

I suggested an alternate day 2 route, which from the discussion here may be the one most riders prefer to do. I haven't plotted it out in either Google or GPS yet. I'll try to get it done this evening.

Ok, thanks. If you get it done that would be great. If not, no worries. I will just follow the leaders.

I will load the original route on my GPS in case I get seperated from everyone.

As a noob rider and with Gripsters on my bike I expect I will be a slow poke. So if I slow things down too much, just let me know and I can hop out on a hiway. Will not hurt my feelings at all.

Tom, a few of us are meeting up in Round Rock, near me, at the Jack in the Box on 620 and Great Oaks at 7:30
I'll plan on meeting you guys at the main meeting spot so I don't have to drive all the way north to turn around and drive all the way south. I'm sure I'll be getting enough seat time as it is. ;-)

Thought I'd pass this along.

15percentSnS_L_final.jpg

Eagle, where are you guys meeting in Houston to head to Austin?? I may leave earlier than 5:30 PM. But I may wait and link up with you en-route. What route will you take to Austin from your neck of the woods??

bsheet2 we are meeting at the truck stop at 290 & 2920 probably around 4:30 pm, I,m getting off early from work, so if solorider can, we may ride earlier.
I guess we'll be taking the 290 route, unless somebody knows a better route, open for suggestions.
what time did you have in mind Friday?

Ok. I have hotel rooms :

Heart Of Texas in Austin Friday night.

Sun Valley Motel in Junction Sat. night.

Both rooms have two beds. So if someone wants to share a room let me know.

Well unfortunately I am not going to be able to make this ride, opening up a new dining room @ work on saturday and gotta be there.

well maybe next ride, I'll wait for you to tell me what to do with your doo tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back