• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2nd Annual Beyond EPIC Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chowdown, new Strom?? :eek2: Bailed from the KLR so early? :doh: :lol2:

You wouldn't be the first Strom on these trails, just ask Gareth ;-). You may want to bring along a pair of vice grips and some wire....

Chowdown, new Strom?? :eek2: Bailed from the KLR so early? :doh: :lol2:

You wouldn't be the first Strom on these trails, just ask Gareth ;-). You may want to bring along a pair of vice grips and some wire....

yeah, loved the bike, but 4 months trying to fix the same problem took its toll. so far, the strom is great, and when ive done farkling it, it will go everywhere i took the KLR anyway (fireroads etc are all i am looking for).

Eagle, I will meet you there at 4:30 (290 & 2920).

There is a guy from Katy that may want to join us. I will PM him.

See you there.

There may be a more scenic route but longer and slower. Let me know if you want to take the back roads from there.

yeah, loved the bike, but 4 months trying to fix the same problem took its toll. so far, the strom is great, and when ive done farkling it, it will go everywhere i took the KLR anyway (fireroads etc are all i am looking for).

That's a serious bummer dude, but hopefully happier riding is on the horizon. If I had the green I'd have a Strom for my daily riding or longer trips and a DR or a DRZ :trust:

there is a used xr650 in my future...(a long ways off, but its there..)
Yeah, dem XR650L's look niiice!! :trust:

Off-Road-15AUG09002.jpg

Eagle, I will meet you there at 4:30 (290 & 2920).

There is a guy from Katy that may want to join us. I will PM him.

See you there.

There may be a more scenic route but longer and slower. Let me know if you want to take the back roads from there.

OK, see you there.
about the route, I guess it depends how much longer, I don't want to be to tired for Friday but i guess we can vote on it when it's time to go.

I'll be at the truck stop around 4:30, if I get there early I'll wait for you guys.

bsheet2 we are meeting at the truck stop at 290 & 2920 probably around 4:30 pm, I,m getting off early from work, so if solorider can, we may ride earlier.
I guess we'll be taking the 290 route, unless somebody knows a better route, open for suggestions.
what time did you have in mind Friday?

I'm out, darn it. Aggravated my back two wks ago- won't be on a bike till I'm pain-free. Could be a while. Thanks for posting the analog directions- hope I'll get to do the trip later. You guys have fun.

I am back in!
60% chance rain in Ar.

Richard, I don't think we can make the alternate meeting spot at 9.
Do you have any idea where we might meet you about noon.

We wanted to head out Friday night by my Bud has to go to the Football Game Friday night.

I think we will be having lunch in Mason. What time and where will depend on the herd...but it should be in the noon time frame.

Well, I'd bet it would either be the Mexican place on the SW corner of the town square or Cooper's. I'd also bet noon will be the early side of the arrival. Window of 12-1, so don't panic if you don't find group at either place at noon.

Oh, and I'm basing this on some Richard_ had in a previous post. He's the final authority on when and where. It's his ride. I just follow along and pick up stragglers.

Last edited:
Thanks again Rusty.

I'm to old to panic and I know where the refreshments will be served Saturday evening :-)

If I don't see you before you get ready to leave ,don't wait on me.
I may have high centered somewhere!:eek2:

ALLRIGHT!!! Don glad you are going to make it,:clap: I belive in the first post Richard said we were eating at Coopers.:eat:

Rusty and Big A have it right. The original Cooper's BBQ in Mason is our lunch stop and I anticipate arriving between 12-1. Pretty much anytime I get near that place I have to stop for a meal.

Don, if you & your buddy can arrive around 10:30-11 and want some additional dirt, you could intercept us at the intersection of Hwy 16 and CR 113 (on Hwy 16 south of Llano). We are going to run west from there on some pretty fun dirt roads over to Casteel on Hwy 152 (west of Llano).

I'm the guy from Katy - see you at the truck stop at 4:30

Who's meeting me at the Jack in the Box in Round Rock (620 and Great Oaks)? I was thinking there were going to be four of us and I could only remember 3. Chowdown, Jbay, and myself. Can't remember if the other was Coolhand or someone else. More is fine if I have it wrong. I just want to know how many to expect.

Hey Rusty -

I'd have to go north for that so count me out. See you at the Y meetup.

J

Rusty and Big A have it right. The original Cooper's BBQ in Mason is our lunch stop and I anticipate arriving between 12-1. Pretty much anytime I get near that place I have to stop for a meal.

Don, if you & your buddy can arrive around 10:30-11 and want some additional dirt, you could intercept us at the intersection of Hwy 16 and CR 113 (on Hwy 16 south of Llano). We are going to run west from there on some pretty fun dirt roads over to Casteel on Hwy 152 (west of Llano).

We will try and make 16 & 113. If we are not there could you leave a marker showing that you had past? Then we will try and hook up at Coopers. If not we will see you by the pool at the Hills.:rider::eat::rider::eat::rider::eat::yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back