• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

Hey I’m doing some riding Monday to add some routes to the ETX 450. Most of it will be around Rusk Tx and the national forest west of Alto. Will be leaving out Monday morning if you would like to join. Not sure how the roads will be but make sure you have good tread on the tires because there will be some off-road spots if there not closed.

Sounds like a good way to spend the day off. I'd be interested in joining you, just let me know a meet up location. I'm out of Nacogdoches.

What happened with the ride?

Did I miss something?

I was in Rusk at the 7-11 from 9:14-10 before taking off on my own.

Last edited:

Did I miss something?

Sorry you missed us. The ride was awesome. Found the most dirt I’ve seen in East Texas so far.
Keep an eye out for CDowling7’s next tour.

Attachments

• C17149EA-573C-45DC-B079-EE305C263FBA.jpeg
    C17149EA-573C-45DC-B079-EE305C263FBA.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 112

Did I miss something?

Sorry we missed you. May have been my bad, I think I said 9:30 originally. Definitely hit me up if you want to ride again some time.

Ride was great and thanks to @chiricahua for the tips for riding in dirt. I'm still getting a hold of it, that sand really gets me. If y'all are ever in Nac there's some pretty decent county roads in pretty much every direction from here.

KLR held up pretty good for the first time dropping it. Only a little damage in the right fairing. The worst part was picking it up with a full tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_125739_01.jpg
    IMG_20220530_125739_01.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 102
Sorry we missed you. May have been my bad, I think I said 9:30 originally. Definitely hit me up if you want to ride again some time.

Ride was great and thanks to @chiricahua for the tips for riding in dirt. I'm still getting a hold of it, that sand really gets me. If y'all are ever in Nac there's some pretty decent county roads in pretty much every direction from here.

KLR held up pretty good for the first time dropping it. Only a little damage in the right fairing. The worst part was picking it up with a full tank.
Thanks for the ride also. I’ll definitely hit you up for a tour of Nac. These trails will favor the T-7 well.

Glad y'all had a good time.

It was my first time out there so I had to keep stopping at intersections to check my phone because the roads aren't all marked.

Glad you made it back in one piece on the KLR. Now that you've dropped it you won't have that anxiety anymore.

Yeah, in the chat you said 9:30 and I never got an updated time. Would have been good to know lol

Just got back home myself. 200 miles round trip. My butt is sore but it was fun!

I'm down for another weekend ride if y'all want to go on a Saturday or Sunday. Preferably early to avoid some heat.

Definitely learning what I actually need for the bike now.

Springs, a dedicated GPS, Seat Concepts Comfort, and a few other things are now on the list.

Early heads-up. The airport diner is closed to the public next Saturday, July 2, due to the air show. So we meet at our back up place, La Plazita at 11980 State Hwy 64, Tyler, TX 75704. Newcomers, include the zip if you map this. La Plazita is 2 miles east of the airport diner address of 150 Airport Drive.

If I can resolve a scheduling conflict, I will join y'all at La Plazita on Saturday. After breakfast, I'll swing by the airport to look at the old aeroplanes.

-Jeff

if anyone is up for a ride after breakfast this week I have befriended the owners of an amazing little lunch spot on 315 near Lake Palestine called The Bus Stop. Awesome food and good people if anyone is interested in doing a ride around the lake or something.

if anyone is up for a ride after breakfast this week I have befriended the owners of an amazing little lunch spot on 315 near Lake Palestine called The Bus Stop. Awesome food and good people if anyone is interested in doing a ride around the lake or something.
Brian, you might get more responses if you start a new thread with this idea.

-Jeff

The breakfast will be on 8/6, so not this Saturday. But the Bus Stop sounds interesting, I'd be up for a ride.

Back