• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3/10 South of San Antone Dual Sport Riders

Saturday or Sunday

• Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pre rode most of the route on saturday. alittle more asphalt than I thought, but the asphalt that is there is fun and twisty. the gravel/dirt is good. there are some good switch backs.
Saturday , it was 42 degrees and soaking wet?

Asspar , you spelled San antone wrong. It's San Tone just like it's pronounced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I am working on putting my XR back in action, and I want to join you. Would the route be OK for my Multistrada? I would worry about muddy conditions but not just dirt roads or gravel roads - but I also don’t know the route. What do you think?

I am working on putting my XR back in action, and I want to join you. Would the route be OK for my Multistrada? I would worry about muddy conditions but not just dirt roads or gravel roads - but I also don’t know the route. What do you think?
I am going, but if it's too wet, I'm just not going. It's too much of a workout and not really fun struggling to stay afloat when it's like that over there. We shall see

Watever! Stromxtc keeps bumping my rear fender on muddy rides. Cz47racer you will be fine. Come ride what you got.

If its dry you will be fine.
If it rains the week before it might be iffy

Planning to attend but sometimes life gets in the way. Thinking I'll bring 450 EXC instead of Super Tenere 1200.

Planning to attend but sometimes life gets in the way. Thinking I'll bring 450 EXC instead of Super Tenere 1200.
You would be good on the tenere. I would take mine instead of my 500 if I go.

Darn, I have to work on 3/10. A Sunday, and I have to work. Y'all have fun.

You would be good on the tenere. I would take mine instead of my 500 if I go.

Can you give insight on bike preference? Is there more pavement than dirt?

Roads are easy for the tenere. Maybe a few spots of ruts or sand but mostly easy riding.

If it’s the route I’m thinking, it’s 80% dirt. The county’s been out grading the roads this week so they were smooth and loose. Just depends on how much rain we get this week. It doesn’t take much oil traffic to lay down some 5” ruts in the muddy spots

If it’s the route I’m thinking, it’s 80% dirt. The county’s been out grading the roads this week so they were smooth and loose. Just depends on how much rain we get this week. It doesn’t take much oil traffic to lay down some 5” ruts in the muddy spots
What route are you thinking?

Route is attached in first post

The usual route we run. Just in reverse. Hopefully you have 100 miles in your trip to make it worth it.

Here we were today between floresville and Pleasanton. Drizzly and cold but the roads are smooth. Pay no attention to me warming my hands with the husky heater.

I was wondering how y'all made out today as I was returning from corpus . 👍☔🏍🏁🛀🛋

Back