• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3 Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/20/18-Castroville, Texas

Strom, I have stopped counting my drops, i count my no-drop trips now. my GS is heavy after 7 pick ups. But will do it again i am sure and looking forward to it

Hehe, the best part of it all was no one saw me:mrgreen: basically was a slow speed off camber u turn at idle and stalled it. Stupid thing was, split second before I saw the rise, I thought, you better keep up the rpm, but then ...

The crash bar did it job:thumb::thumb:

Another video from last year.

[ame="https://youtu.be/5t5D8UgTtQA"]II Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/14/17-Castroville, Texas - YouTube[/ame]

39584845001_df52593eeb.jpg

If anyone needs a snack for the ride like jerky or dried sausage or a steak or stuffed quail to cook when camping try www.dziuks.com. Just down the street from the start.

Things are shaping up quite nicely for this. I hope to attend on the 690. Purty sure JT will be on his xrr.

Any suggestions for a spot to sling a hammock either Friday, Saturday, or both?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm in pending some last minute event shuffling I have to do. Weather is looking great!

I'm not a fast rider so if there's a group of "easy going" types I want in! :rider:

858c740f5ebb3bdebc5f839ae917b793.jpg

Working suspension upgrades! Should be ready by next weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in pending some last minute event shuffling I have to do. Weather is looking great!

I'm not a fast rider so if there's a group of "easy going" types I want in! :rider:

Which bike are you riding? I'll be on my DZR, and I know for a fact some other "little" bikes will be there.

Great I will be there! I actually live in Castroville so this is perfect! I look forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:
Which bike are you riding? I'll be on my DZR, and I know for a fact some other "little" bikes will be there.

I'll be on my 1090. I'm still getting used to the bike and breaking it in so I'll be taking it easy. Wish my 250X was street legal and had more range.

Looking forward to the ride and meeting this group.

Should be a fun ride!

Wimped out

Decided not to try 80/15 tires for ride, new 19x2.5 tubeless wheel and tkc80

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 268
Grim I'm using K60 scouts on my 07 1200 and really like them. They are good on the highway but do pretty well off road also. What year is your GS?

Bike came with a spare rear wheel with almost new tkc80, now have spare front, won't have to use them on all-pavement trips, should help with wear.

I did a little recon on the way home from Church. The Medina river crossing is dry, so no green slime drama like KoryJ captured last year on his great video.

39690858201_d0f21953af_o.jpg

[ame="https://youtu.be/xRRRGCTEcNw"]Medina County 250 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

Sander...i have downloaded the .kml file you have supplied , and I can view it in my google maps app on my phone (thanks).. my question is, will this run as a real time navigation track, or is it only intended to be viewed as a map only.

I have a Garmin but it's an old cheapie and I can't upload .gpx files to it. (On the purchase list)

Thanks Brian

Sander, I'll see you Saturday. Got a RV spot in Hondo, no places open there in Castroville.
My wife and I are going take a 3-day weekend there.

Back