• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

30-30 and .45 small primer brass

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Gill
I have about 60 pieces of 30-30 brass and about the same number of 45 ACP with the small primer pocket. Both range pickup. The .45 has been sized. I don't shoot 30-30 and I HATE small primer .45. Pick up in Haltom City, or I guess I'd ship if you want to pay for it. Probably not worth shipping.

If someone doesn't take it, I'll put it in the recycle barrel at the gun club.

I don't mean to step on your ability to get rid of that .45 ACP small primer brass, but I will offer a suggestion as to what to do with those cases. Load them with said small primers, with no powder and top them with rubber bullets and shoot them at the guy that thought small primer .45 ACP should be a thing.

There are of course two downsides to that plan. The first is that small pistol primers are currently worth their weight in gold, and the second is that you would still have those abominable cases.

I don't mean to step on your ability to get rid of that .45 ACP small primer brass, but I will offer a suggestion as to what to do with those cases. Load them with said small primers, with no powder and top them with rubber bullets and shoot them at the guy that thought small primer .45 ACP should be a thing.

There are of course two downsides to that plan. The first is that small pistol primers are currently worth their weight in gold, and the second is that you would still have those abominable cases.
That might be a good plan.

Has anyone ever tried taking a reamer to the pocket to enlarge it? Not worth the trouble?

Back