• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

337 closure

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
122820902_3408676639249207_6630311118972256750_o.jpg

ALERT * ALERT * ALERT * ALERT * ALERT * ALERT * ALERT * ALERT *
Hwy 337 from Medina to Vanderpool will be closed beginning November 9, 2020 to replace the Mill Creek bridge, and will reopen April 2021. Please see map for detour directions.

It's hard to tell but that detour looks fun.

Just when I move down there...

That's ok, plenty of other good roads.

It's hard to tell but that detour looks fun.
It is.
When Joe and I went in August, we had gone down 16 from Kerrville to Bandera. Rather than double back on 16 to 317, we took 470 to Vanderpool.
While I have never been on 317 between Medina and Vanderpool, I thought it was an amazing road and better than many parts of the sisters. Lots of hills and turns with some very pretty views.

470 is a fun road. So much fun I got pulled over but only a warning so "all good!"

& all those paved county roads around Fredericksburg & Kerrville are like the funlovin cousins you head over ta see when the sisters & brothers get ta be too much

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

& all those paved county roads around Fredericksburg & Kerrville are like the funlovin cousins you head over ta see when the sisters & brothers get ta be too much

The next time you go down there, I'd like to follow you around some if possible.

Good to know, thanks for posting. Hopefully it doesn't get dealyed.

Thanks for the update. 470 is fun unless you get stuck behind a guy in a Jeep carefully driving under the speed limit :angel:

Thanks for the update. 470 is fun unless you get stuck behind a guy in a Jeep carefully driving under the speed limit :angel:
That's what 4th gear is for :D

That reminds me of the first time I did an aggressive pass on my Speed Triple. First bike I'd owned with 150hp. The pass was literally a Jeep going slow on twisty back roads. When I saw my chance, I dropped it into 4th and hammered as I've done on other bikes in the past. But this time, instead of just zipping by, I accidentally rode a power wheelie past the Jeep at 95 mph with my face like :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry. That was me. My bad. But truthfully, I ride my motorcycles like this too. For some, the joy of riding a motorcycle is not about going fast. Sometimes you enjoy the views and countryside and just take your time.

Yuppers! We locals are aware of that but thank you for posting it for the "out of towners".
All that being said, 470 is a much faster road that 337 :thumb: and if you are heading to the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum (open until end Nov), take 39 to 187 south.
39 is technical at the beginning then opens up and 187 is a fun road and I've never seen a LEO on it. Now I've just "called down the devil" LOL !

& ...if youre makin a left turn....be sure to do what folks in OK seemta do....move over to the right of your lane to keep other folks behind from going round ya....huh

(Has anyone else noticed this when up north)

Sorry. That was me. My bad. But truthfully, I ride my motorcycles like this too. For some, the joy of riding a motorcycle is not about going fast. Sometimes you enjoy the views and countryside and just take your time.
Uh oh, hit a nerve. Relax, I like to ride slow too. I'm not singling YOU out. Besides, have you seen the motorcycles in my sig? :-D

Also, the day I was held up, I was in my truck

& ...if youre makin a left turn....be sure to do what folks in OK seemta do....move over to the right of your lane to keep other folks behind from going round ya....huh

In Mexico making a left turn off the highway is only permissible when you are not going to impede traffic behind you. If you can't make the left turn without pausing you pass the turn and then turn when you can. It works out pretty good in my experience.

Yeah....in congested areas like near Broken Bow on 259....Ive seen a line of 10-15 cars waitin on one car to make a left turn....while that driver was over almost all the way to the right in their lane

Uh oh, hit a nerve. Relax, I like to ride slow too. I'm not singling YOU out. Besides, have you seen the motorcycles in my sig? :-D

oh, no I was being honest. I am often the guy in the Jeep driving at/near/even-below the speed limit. #1 because my Jeep is no fun at faster than posted speeds, #2 I don't want a ticket, ever, #3 I'm just not in that much of a hurry.

Now, I do often ride my motorcycles slower than some other motorcyclists like to ride. I am frequently passed by sport bike aficionados on Lime Creek Rd. If they are going slow enough that I know they are coming, I move over. Half the time the first time I even know they are there is when they pass me going 80mph faster than I am going.

Also, the day I was held up, I was in my truck
Still coulda been me! :)

Yeah....in congested areas like near Broken Bow on 259....Ive seen a line of 10-15 cars waitin on one car to make a left turn....while that driver was over almost all the way to the right in their lane

Did you know it is actually legal to pass in a 'No Passing Zone' area?

Back