• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3d printed parts

RoverT

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Hello all, I've gotten in to the crazy world of 3d printing and cad design lately. I've printed a ton of car parts already but I really want to make some new mc stuff. What are some parts you'd print for the bike if you could? I've thought about ram attachments, emblems/Keychain, radar detector mount?, and want some ideas. If I can manage it I might try and design some of the suggestions.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

What printing material are you using?

What printing material are you using?
For now, PLA. Like I said, I'm fairly new to it all so I plan to build an enclosure later to allow me to make abs and other sensitive filaments. Right now PLA is the most accessable and easiest to print.

220x220x240mm, which is pretty close to an 8" cube. (for anyone interested I'm using an anet a6 which is a prusa i3 spinoff)

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've made most of the parts for friends actually so I've been waiting for them to send pics back because apparently I didn't take any.
6a8971d697a4d68f2d91887ae3ab6a4c.jpg

Here's a miata door stop I designed and printed:
cbb46d2f72d9f7c933259aabb65faaee.jpg

If it’s for a NA, I’m interested. Tell
Me more about it.
Yeah it is. I printed him at set. Not sure if his were degraded or if he just wanted plastic bushings. Is that a common problem on miatas? To be honest I don't know much about it.
I actually made that design then found a 3d model already online so I just printed the one from online.

Just chatted with him. He said some times the rubber gets old but it's not usually a failure point. According to him it makes the door close super crisp and stops rattles so that is why he wanted them.

Made this 2 stroke engine model overnight. Don't mind the piston deformation that was my fault not the printer's.
121f0b87aae75232d493e2fef760bbe7.jpg

Back