• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3rd annualTEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE DUAL SPORT

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
It’s that time again…let’s do the TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE DUAL SPORT. Coming up May 6th and 7th in Glenrose Tx. This years event will be 186 miles of beautiful Texas back roads…AND 106 MILES OF IT WILL BE UNPAVED. Get more information and sign up at dualsportuniverse.com. As in the past pre-entries can choose to be in a led group of your ride level. Pre-entries also get a free T-shirt. Don’t put it off, groups are filling up fast. REL:rider:

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I are signed up, looking forward to seeing everyone again! Hope the weather is good.. once again, a massive thank you for putting this together every year. Holiday inn express is a nightmare to contact and make reservations, but fortunately there are several other hotels very near by.

Gary

Thanks guy's...the registrations are coming in. If any of you want to be in a group with one of my trained leaders you need to sign up before the led groups fill up. Robert

I know there is some camping available in that area but is there a campgroud/site that is related to the event? Going to pitch it to the wifey as a birthday present.

Downs, there is several camp grounds in the area..we are not associated with any one camp ground, but Oakdale park is very close to ride headquarters. It is also across the street from the river that is nice. Here is their link. Thanks REL
http://www.oakdalepark.com/160/Camping

So the actual riding is on Sunday only?

yes.. Saturday is a series of presentations about various subjects, they often have a raffle Saturday night and then Sunday is the ride.

Gary

I forgot I have a Lvl 2 USPSA match that weekend so won't be able to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on duty until 0800 Sunday morning, but would love to attend. When is everybody leaving out for the ride? Trying to decide if I should bring the Husaberg or the GS...OR BOTH!!!:confused:

fly-by75...Saturday night classes are from 6pm to 10pm. The ride is Sunday morning and if you are forming your own group you may leave anytime after riders meeting at 8am. If you want to be in a led group they will depart between 8:30 and 9am. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Robert

I'll be coming from Hamilton at 0800, which puts me there around 0900. I'd like to ride out with everybody, but don't know if I'll be there in time to tag along. I DEFINITELY WANT A TEE...XXL. I'm familiar with the area, but am wondering if the route will be better suited for my Husaberg or GS.

I have ridden the ride on a Tenere, KLR650 and my DRZ 400...All the bikes will work fine...but I enjoyed it the most on my KLR. Speed is not a problem, since between 35 and 45 mph is a good speed for the way the ride is set up. REL

Thanks for the input...I'll probably just ride the GS to work and head out from there. Looking forward to it!!! Do you think I'll be able to catch everybody before departure?

Back