• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: 3rd Saturday Breakfast South of the Metroplex

Jeff, nice meeting you and the Norton gang today.

Hope we can do it again.

I'll see if I can make the next one. I haven't been on much lately so I just saw this thread today.

This Saturday is the Third Saturday breakfast meet in Midlothian. Today's forecast shows the rain ending Friday night and Saturday morning temps being in the 50s or about 10 degrees warmer than the last two months. See you there!

-Jeff

After tomorrow's breakfast, I plan to ride the backroads to Strawn if anyone wants to ride along. There are a couple of guys from the Lone Star BMW Riders heading to Mary's Cafe for Chicken Fried Steak , so I thought I would meet them there for lunch.

Riding and eating. Eating and riding.

-Jeff

After tomorrow's breakfast, I plan to ride the backroads to Strawn if anyone wants to ride along. There are a couple of guys from the Lone Star BMW Riders heading to Mary's Cafe for Chicken Fried Steak , so I thought I would meet them there for lunch.

Riding and eating. Eating and riding.

-Jeff
I plan on being there for breakfast and maybe ride part way. Will see how my work load is at the end of the day.

What kinda pace are you thinking on the post-breakfast ride?

Deciding which bike to bring.

Spirited, but enjoyable? I'll be on the RS tomorrow.

Jarrett,

This is where your knowledge of the local roads comes in handy. Depending on when breakfast wraps up, the first 25 miles could be down Hwy 67 (boo) to FM 4. If we depart Caroline's early enough, I'd like to avoid 67 all together.

Maybe we ride 916? That way you and Tim could double back if you don't want to go to Strawn.

-Jeff

Perhaps something like this?

1579292730357.png

Backroads from Rio Vista to Mary's ...

916/1108/1434/200 to Glen Rose
205/56 to Tolar
56/Star Hollow Road/1189 to Morgan Mill
1188/108 to Gordon
193/108 to Strawn

About 120 miles of paved roads and some of the nicest country you will ever see.
There is about a 5 mile section in there where you have to travel 67 to get from one side of Glen to the other.

I think I will take a more direct routeto Strawn to meet the lunch group, then follow Mitch's route suggestions back. Looks like a fantastic day of riding!

1579300316658.png

We had a great group for breakfast this morning. It was fun following Jarrett down FM 916 afterward. Mitch, I loved the roads you suggested. I've noted them for future rides.

-Jeff
Good to meet you and see Jarrett again.
I went another direction at grand view at a little relaxed pace and got home about 5. It was a great day for a ride. Wind was a little rough.

Next time I'll bring the Tiger. I was itching to boogie a little bit on the new Street Triple.

It was good to hang out with y'all again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m south too but typically work on Saturdays. Would like to see some Sunday rides in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank,

I'm learning there are some nice roads around Granbury. Post some rides when you are available. I'm sure others will join you.

-Jeff

Hmm, looking like 35 degrees at 7am on Saturday morning.

That might be a fuzz cold for me to ride. I'll keep an eye on the weather and decide tomorrow.

Hmm, looking like 35 degrees at 7am on Saturday morning.

That might be a fuzz cold for me to ride. I'll keep an eye on the weather and decide tomorrow.

It's my work weekend so I'm out again. Hey Jarrett, come on over and get one of me scooters, the weather protection on those are great.

Back