• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: 3rd Saturday Breakfast South of the Metroplex

The weather gods may be smiling upon us. Saturday morning's forecast shows the rain tapering off and under 30% by 7 AM.

We are going to do something a little different this month as a nice gesture for the holiday season. It was proposed that everyone put $50 in the hat (helmet). At the end of breakfast, that collection will pay the check and give the servers a nice Christmas tip. Last month was our second anniversary of the 3rd Saturday Breakfast and the staff at Caroline's has always worked hard to accommodate our group. This is of course optional, but the bigger the pot, the better the result.

I look forward to seeing everyone at Caroline's this Saturday.

P.S. if the weather forecast is wrong and Saturday morning is rainy, then drive to Caroline's. You won't be mocked.
Lets make sure the cooks get a tip too. Wouldn't be fair not to include them.

It's 3rd Saturday breakfast time. I will be at Caroline's, but with a temp just above 40 and gale force winds forecasted, I may arrive by pickup this month. See you there.

-Jeff

Last edited:
Just a reminder that it's 3rd Saturday Breakfast time. It'll be a cool start, but the NWS forecast says the temp will begin with the number 4 at 8 AM. Enjoy it while we can. The heat will be here soon enough. See y'all at Caroline's.

-Jeff

I was hoping to find people riding in the area this Saturday (the 19th), but only Sharkey replied to my thread. I'm not up for the breakfast part, but if there's a ride after breakfast at Caroline's, I might join in.

I was hoping to find people riding in the area this Saturday (the 19th), but only Sharkey replied to my thread. I'm not up for the breakfast part, but if there's a ride after breakfast at Caroline's, I might join in.
Post-breakfast rides do happen. As usual, it depends on who shows up, weather, schedules, moods, etc. I have some ideas for some future post-breakfast rides, but have a conflict this Saturday and can't make it. The forecast looks like a cool start, but promises to warm up quickly. It should be a nice morning to ride.

-Jeff

I am kind of a big lame loser, seeing as how I live in Midlothian and have yet to make one of these 3rd Saturday breakfasts. That being said, it is supposed to be a beautiful weekend and if there are those that are wanting to ride, I am game. Just let me know preference - paved/unpaved/or mixed, so I know which bike to bring. So I am in, unless I get a subsequent spousal veto..:-D

If there's a ride, I'd prefer it to be paved. Haven't ridden much at all since my wreck in March of 2020 so anything other than paved surface kind of scares me right now. If anyone has an idea of what time people will be finished eating, I can try to show up at Caroline's about that time for a ride.

If there's a ride, I'd prefer it to be paved. Haven't ridden much at all since my wreck in March of 2020 so anything other than paved surface kind of scares me right now. If anyone has an idea of what time people will be finished eating, I can try to show up at Caroline's about that time for a ride.
I can sympathize - I had a nasty one back in 2018 that had me tentative off road for quite a while post accident. No worries, I am game for a paved route. I have a few different options mapped on my GPS or phone that we could choose from, most all heading out W from Midlothian. I would guess that by roughly 9a folks would be wrapping up and ready to ride.

Well, I was on my way to try and be there for a possible ride, but about a mile and a half from my house the lid to one of my panniers flew off because I forgot to latch it down. Took me about 20 minutes to find it and thankfully no one had run over it. By that point, I figured I was too late to make a ride.

Probably a good thing I didn't make it. In the 5-7 miles I rode around my city just to ride a little, I realized I had "trouble" making simple right and left turns. Not stuff like U-turns, but just transitioning from one street to another. I realize I seriously need to go find a parking lot and just practice slow turns and U-turns.

Is there any dirt riding or any riding post breakfast?
Attendees typically operate under the belief that those who govern least, govern best. Sometimes we’ll have a ride planned in advance and sometimes a ride is decided during breakfast. It depends on who shows up, weather, schedules, moods, etc. Anyone is welcome to join us and lead a ride.

-Jeff

Just a reminder that it is 3rd Saturday breakfast time. The NWS forecast calls for a partly cloudy 68-degrees at 8 AM Saturday, or awesome riding weather.

After breakfast, I plan to ride over to meet the ETBMW+ group for their annual cookout at Loves Lookout SP, just north of Jacksonville. The route will include backroads to Corsicana before jumping on non-interstate highways. Round trip from Midlothian is ~300 miles. Let me know if you'd like to ride along. I will likely hang around east Texas afterward, so have your own return route in mind.

See you at Caroline's...

-Jeff

Last edited:
Got a laugh on the way home from this months breakfast. I had ridden the 74 Norton Commando and as I was going down the 67 a BMW pulled over looking like he was having an issue. I think his top box lid wasn't closed properly. I pulled up next to him to see if he was ok, he was. But, I wonder what he thought about an old guy on a old Norton was thinking. I followed him as far as 35W. Riding old bikes brings a smile to me every time I ride mine.
Cheers
John

John,

Good story. When I lived in Katy, one of those showrooms that sold those outrageous custom choppers that were so popular during peak-Orange County Choppers was having an open house. I was out on my '71 Bonneville and decided to pull in and see what was going on. It didn't take long to determine there wasn't anything there for me. As I got back on my old Triumph, a group of silly pirates walked by. Just as I was about to kick the bike the life, I heard one of the woman ask, "what is he doing?" She had never seen a bike kick started before. Perhaps none of them had.

-Jeff

It's 3rd Saturday Breakfast time. The National Weather Service is forecasting 75-degrees at 8 AM Saturday, which means excellent riding weather. After breakfast, my plan is to ride over to Ennis to check out a Cars and Coffee event to see if anything interesting showed up. See you at Caroline's.

-Jeff

Ill likely make it sat morning and may ride to ennis with you depending on how much ibget done tomorrow. Im headed to ride in the north east on Sunday early. Still some things to sort out on the KTM before the road trip.

Back