• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

5 guys meet on the internet & head to Mexico for a Good Time!

Ever notice when you read all of those Mexico ride reports you see tons of photos of smiling, laughing kids and their families. Makes me wonder what they are up to.

They can´t change yesterday and tomorrow may never come, so they are in the moment. I like that, ....being in the moment.

Like this family >

IMG_1486_zpsddded1de.jpg

muy bien...la tuya es pura dereseria pero la usas en mejico en paimento tambien ? y como conoces a la chusma o con quien as corido antes y donde ? vas a venir a galeana en octubre para el mektrek ?

Fffvjy dddcv. Jsfjfjfjrjxicnsmwnevii sjskcickslsivufnen ndbdhch urkeocicjsk idnxn. Ufj m. jmfmj. K. Cdjnnnxjzkslsl kmdxkcii ijdnnxjxallermmxi ldldooo993xcc. Kdkdkdk .dkfjdmeneiapClxncbbdd.dnsma

Hey Kayakawakid, I'm looking into heading down to Guanajuato for one of those 10 day spanish immersion classes to bone up on my languages before a Big Trip. You interested in that ?
Maybe we could meet up on my way back and hit some of the areas a little South of Galeana.

Phillip Barrett ?

when ?? you riding solo down there ??

Just about anytime.....retired folks don't have the obligations you workin folk do.....but thanks for your contribution to Social Security.
Yes sir...solo....not even going to try to find someone with an itch to go to school in Mexico. But in your case they have advanced courses all the way up to testing & teaching school. The cost is not bad & includes room & board with a local family. Sort of reminds me of going to school on the french riviera in the 80's.
If your interested give me a call. I can give you the dates I work out & we can ride a little after schools out :lol2:
Phil & Pete could use it too. Theyre even more gringo than I. You seee what I did there....with the grammar ?:pirate:

Just about anytime.....retired folks don't have the obligations you workin folk do.....but thanks for your contribution to Social Security.
Yes sir...solo....not even going to try to find someone with an itch to go to school in Mexico. But in your case they have advanced courses all the way up to testing & teaching school. The cost is not bad & includes room & board with a local family. Sort of reminds me of going to school on the french riviera in the 80's.
If your interested give me a call. I can give you the dates I work out & we can ride a little after schools out :lol2:
Phil & Pete could use it too. Theyre even more gringo than I. You seee what I did there....with the grammar ?:pirate:

That sounds like an awesome idea Dmux. I would absolutely be up for that, if I was retired. As it is, I may end up taking a conversational Spanish class at the local JC. I would at least like to order my stuff at the local taqueria without having to point at it. As far as Mexico goes, I think I'm better off if Zeke does the talking. :trust:

If you have Guanajuato in you sights, you may want to give thought to renting a house for the month of October. The Festival Cervantino is a three week fiesta that is world class. Probably the most significant multi-cultural arts event in Mexico.

Here is a snapshot of it:

http://www.donquijote.org/culture/mexico/society/holidays/cervantino

http://www.festivalcervantino.gob.mx/

Dmux, I am going to be in your neighborhood with a visit with my daughter who will be moving to Qatar next month. She lives in College Station. Probably returning to Jalisco in September on my Versys. Give me a shout if you want to grab a beer at C & J´s BBQ in College Station some day.

bfa79679-dcfc-4df2-b3f5-4ddb58f621d1_zps569c4f3b.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds like an awesome idea Dmux. I would absolutely be up for that, if I was retired. As it is, I may end up taking a conversational Spanish class at the local JC. I would at least like to order my stuff at the local taqueria without having to point at it. As far as Mexico goes, I think I'm better off if Zeke does the talking. :trust:

Lol :lol2:

If you have Guanajuato in you sights, you may want to give thought to renting a house for the month of October. The Festival Cervantino is a three week fiesta that is world class. Probably the most significant multi-cultural arts event in Mexico.

Here is a snapshot of it:

http://www.donquijote.org/culture/mexico/society/holidays/cervantino

http://www.festivalcervantino.gob.mx/

Dmux, I am going to be in your neighborhood with a visit with my daughter who will be moving to Qatar next month. She lives in College Station. Probably returning to Jalisco in September on my Versys. Give me a shout if you want to grab a beer at C & J´s BBQ in College Station some day.

bfa79679-dcfc-4df2-b3f5-4ddb58f621d1_zps569c4f3b.jpg

Sounds awesome ! I've been reading about the day of the dead celebrations too in October.
Im up for a beer, or CJ's anytime. If you have time during your visit give me a shout. I'll PM my number. :thumb:

Hey Kayakawakid, I'm looking into heading down to Guanajuato for one of those 10 day spanish immersion classes to bone up on my languages before a Big Trip. You interested in that ?
Maybe we could meet up on my way back and hit some of the areas a little South of Galeana.

Phillip Barrett ?

Wow, timing. I'll be in GTO from this Saturday, July 25th until the following Sunday. Taking immersion classes through a small school. My brother lived there for a couple of years taking spanish and law and still has connections with prior classmates (having lost their minds and moved down there to teach others). Also, he has lodging options. The kind you get when prior Yale classmates followed you around and decide they liked the idea of a house on a square in the center of town. I don't know much at all right now, it was a last minute thing, but I'll know a lot more Saturday when he brings me up to speed. I'll give a report here, after. Plane ticket was the responsible way to go, specialed at Houston to Leon for $325 on AeroMexico.

If you need to find me in the next week, I'll be not to far from here most evenings...

1930668_1045101722316_8498_n.jpg

Some of my best memories with my brothers and family drinking Mescal and wandering the streets to music.

1930668_1045101362307_5817_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, timing. I'll be in GTO from this Saturday, July 25th until the following Sunday. Taking immersion classes through a small school. My brother lived there for a couple of years taking spanish and law and still has connections with prior classmates (having lost their minds and moved down there to teach others). Also, he has lodging options. The kind you get when prior Yale classmates followed you around and decide they liked the idea of a house on a square in the center of town. I don't know much at all right now, it was a last minute thing, but I'll know a lot more Saturday when he brings me up to speed. I'll give a report here, after. Plane ticket was the responsible way to go, specialed at Houston to Leon for $325 on AeroMexico.

Great stuff Shadman, yes please post up when you get back. I've not decided which school to take. Seems like some of the american college sponsored ones are more expensive. I would rather put my pesos in a local school with the good people of GTO.
Have a great trip !

$125 a week, 20 - 25 hours semi private, 2 salsa evening dance classes. $25 a night for lodging and food. All seems quite cheap to me.

It'll always be my pleasure guys, it's the least I can do, you see the crazy guys I did all my previous rides with have either passed on or because of what we hear down hear daily, just don't want to take these risks yet, so it's me that's better off riding with you guys. But either way lol....

Phillip Barrett ?

Dates?

I'm backing out on this until my wife dominoes. Would like to do it in August but we're coming up on D day so probably late Sept or Oct. By then the house will be full of in laws, out laws & such

"Hey smell yeah, I like beer" this video has been blocked, what the hey ?

Back