• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

50CC ride attempt

Looks like a great spot to hole up, LOVE that cartoon, thanks.
Enjoy your down time.

Ugh. 14 hour day to get to Branson from the far SE corner of TN. I rode 4 miles east when leaving today so that I can color in the NC state on my map and then we turned around and headed NW. Hot. Humid. Just plain Ugh.

I told y'all that I'd have a good photo to share. Here is Mrs TT holding my old license plate above my signed (Hutto Pie Run in 2010) TWT banner and all of that is in front of a Texas T sign. Cool, huh?

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=52f1a66e18623159bbbc2292274f336a&oe=5C281477

Last edited by a moderator:
My updated US map:

-CA-CO-FL-GA-IA-ID-IL-IN-KS-KY-LA-MI-MN-MO-MS-MT-NC-ND-NE-NM-NV-OH-OK-OR-SC-SD-TN-TX-UT-WA-WI-WY.png

Just Wow! Glad your home safe. Now to fix the front of your bike where you hit the road gator

Amazing, just amazing. :rider:

Actually, not really.

The 50CC was much easier than I thought it would be. If not for the rain it probably would have been a 44-45 hour ride. My friend Jason rode it in the reverse the following week and had good weather. He did it in 42.

The rest of the trip was easy days; one was 14H, one was about 12H, but everything else was in the 6-8H realm to make it easier on my wife.

I will say that I've been sleeping 10-11 hours a night for about the past 5 nights and I'm still not feeling 100%, but close to it. The first 5-6 days of the trip I was only averaging about 5 hours of sleep a night.

But my trips are NOTHING compared to the big dogs. One guy just started at noon today to ride the 49 states in under 8 days.

He's also scheduled to ride THIRTY BBGs (Bun Burner Gold) in a row. That's thirty, 1,500 mile rides, each under 24 hours, in a row. I'm nowhere near the capability of those kinds of riders, and I really don't have any interest in pushing myself to those limits, but kudos to those who can.

Actually, not really.

The 50CC was much easier than I thought it would be. If not for the rain it probably would have been a 44-45 hour ride. My friend Jason rode it in the reverse the following week and had good weather. He did it in 42.

The rest of the trip was easy days; one was 14H, one was about 12H, but everything else was in the 6-8H realm to make it easier on my wife.

I will say that I've been sleeping 10-11 hours a night for about the past 5 nights and I'm still not feeling 100%, but close to it. The first 5-6 days of the trip I was only averaging about 5 hours of sleep a night.

But my trips are NOTHING compared to the big dogs. One guy just started at noon today to ride the 49 states in under 8 days.

He's also scheduled to ride THIRTY BBGs (Bun Burner Gold) in a row. That's thirty, 1,500 mile rides, each under 24 hours, in a row. I'm nowhere near the capability of those kinds of riders, and I really don't have any interest in pushing myself to those limits, but kudos to those who can.

Your too modest. Not many riders would even think of doing something of this magnitude.

Yup, too modest. Look at the thread “I just caught myself...”
The mere mortals are talking about 100/500 mile days.

PS. I’m in their camp also

Your too modest. Not many riders would even think of doing something of this magnitude.

That's because they have much more intelligence than me. :doh:

Think about this... the motorcycling public is but a tiny sliver of all automotive transportation, and LD riders are but a minuscule segment within the motorcycling community. The VAST majority of riders see what we do as crazy, unsafe, pointless, etc.

A point of trivia... more people climb Mt Everest EACH year than have ever finished the Iron Butt Rally which has been running every other year since the mid-80s, usually with a starting field of 50-100 riders.

We're nuts, but we're passionate about what we do. Incidentally, there are very few deaths among the LD riders from traffic accidents. They do happen, but when compared to the amount of miles we put on, I would imagine our accident rate per miles ridden is the lowest out there. (just a WAG)

Congratulations again, not sure if I could do it but I want to!
Just need to get over these injuries and I will work on it.

Congratulations again, not sure if I could do it but I want to!
Just need to get over these injuries and I will work on it.

If you've done the SS1K this is not that difficult. Much less so than what I had anticipated. I think this one was so rough due to the extremely bad weather that I had to deal with.

But basically, you do a SS1K plus another couple hundred miles the first day, get a good night's rest, and then do the rest of it the second day. My original plan was to do 1500 miles Day 1 which would have put me on the east side of Houston, leaving me only 800 miles to do that second day.

The downside for you is that you have to ride halfway across the country (in either direction) to get to the starting point, and then halfway again to get back home. Unless, like me, you use the ride as a jumping off point for more vacation riding.

So have you picked out frames for them yet?
Congrats, and a great ride.
I hear you on having to literally ride halfway across the country to even start.

Back