• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

5hp 2 cycle Mercury Outboard

Reaction score
At the back of the pack and out of the dust
5hp 2 cycle Mercury outboard for sale. Available for pick in Houston or La Grange areas. Priced to negotiate at $700.

I bought this Mercury outboard when I was still sailing and put about 10 hours on it before putting it into storage. It was used behind an 8' Avon dingy but would be suitable for any small inflatable or aluminum john boat, etc. The motor has been stored inside and was always flushed after the few uses it had.

Pros: It's a 2 cycle so it's much lighter than 4 cycle engines of the same hp.
Cons: It's a 2 cycle so it runs on 50:1. There connector for the hose from the external tank is broken. I never used the external tank, but the part is under $30 on the internet.

I saved this motor thinking I was going to start sailing again, but that's not the case. My wife's coworker wanted it for her retirement place, so I pulled it out of storage, started it and gave it a wash. The coworker decided it was easier to buy an outboard in Maine than to carry one to Maine and now it's in the middle of my garage, ready to go.

Make me an offer or if you have something to trade let's talk. I'll probably be cleaning out my gun closet next, so I'm not interested in any firearms.
This is it before I washed it. It's much cleaner now.
PM me if interested.

mike

Attachments

• 20190214_170618.jpg
    20190214_170618.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 125
Back