• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

6th Annual Ghost's Freezeree and IXL School Jan 19-21, 2018

JQ1.0

Reaction score
Well I'm back at the house. No broken bones, but tore up pretty good. Out of riding AGAIN for a while. Good to see folks again, wish I had more time to visit. See Mongo for pictures.

That was a couple gnarled up digits ... glad you are OK and back home.

Bike is already fixed and ready for the next rider.
Glad I installed case savers ... LOL

Well I'm back at the house. No broken bones, but tore up pretty good. Out of riding AGAIN for a while. Good to see folks again, wish I had more time to visit. See Mongo for pictures.
Was trying to figure out how to get a hold of ya. We were worried. Hope you heal up soon.

14b50fa7028e47a6bef1e3e1594bc1f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not attend this one as I wanted, but I want to thank Dody and the others who take the time to make it happen. There is a chance I will make a trip that way in the next week or two provided someone will be there. Will send a message ahead of time to check.
Frank

f2da5cdd03310e5aadd1f8c59b06b475.jpg

I am glad I made time for this one! The weather was perfect!
I got to meet new friends and actually help out with my aux tank while following MisterK's group. Someone always seems to run out of gas while we are having fun!
Thanks Dody for hosting. Thanks Brad for most of the cooking and teaching us how to ride. Thanks to our group to San Saba on Saturday for being good sports.
Monica you are an inspiration to us all! I hope the reckluse enables you to seek all the adventures your heart desires. And Kudos to you for being the only female most of the time while in camp and putting up with a bunch of stinky old bikers!
I am on the red crosstourer in this pic and I had a great time! made it home safe about 1:00 PM.
BTW this is the famous Wedding Oak in San Saba that we had to go and see. Well over 100 years old.
Talk about perfect timing! it is pouring down rain here in Rockwall at @ 2PM. I made it home with less than enough rain to clean my windshield. Hope all others made it home safe with little if any weather problems.

Last edited:
I got to meet new friends and actually help out with my aux tank while following MisterK's group. Someone always seems to run out of gas while we are having fun!
Thanks Dody for hosting. Thanks Brad for most of the cooking and teaching us how to ride. Thanks to our group to San Saba on Saturday for being good sports.
Monica you are an inspiration to us all! I hope the reckluse enables you to seek all the adventures your heart desires. And Kudos to you for being the only female most of the time while in camp and putting up with a bunch of stinky old bikers!
I am on the red crosstourer in this pic and I had a great time! made it home safe about 1:00 PM.
BTW this is the famous Wedding Oak in San Saba that we had to go and see. Well over 100 years old.
Talk about perfect timing! it is pouring down rain here in Rockwall at @ 2PM. I made it home with less than enough rain to clean my windshield. Hope all others made it home safe with little if any weather problems.

It was great meeting and riding with you. The Aux Tank was indeed useful as it fueled the two bikes we had that ran out of fuel. Who knew 1200cc bikes could drink gas that fast?

Joe...thx for the gas. I owe you one. First time I've ran out of gas in probably 20 years. Not sure what was up but my fuel economy was less than normal yesterday.

I echo your thoughts about the weekend. I had a really good time and enjoyed meeting and riding with new friends.

Thx so much to Dody for hosting and cooking and Brad for cooking and teaching. Two great guys among several others that made it a lot of fun.

Last edited:
What!!!! Some people actually knew about the ride and opted out????? That can't be true. I was tellilng someone that once you make a Ghostranch camp out you NEVER miss another.

The weekend was great, The informal class was great, Brad and Monica both showed that they actually listened to a crazy old man that yells and jumps up and down. The cooking is always fun...and it gives those that want to contribute to the work load a chance to step up.

The weather was perfect, the food was good, the chance to tell the same stories for the hundredth time WOW I had a good time.

Well guys, I'm home, unloaded, showered and fed. I feel a nap coming on. Before I do, let yall know I had a lot fun this weekend. Yall are a great bunch. I thoroughly enjoyed the food, the stories, the instruction, the humor, and all around riding and hanging out. Dody, you're a generous and gracious man - thank you for having us. Brad, thanks for taking on the challenge of having me in class. This weekend was the tip of the iceberg.

dosxx, thanks man. I'm just doing my best to keep on keeping on. Still upright and kicking, can't stop yet. And the Rekluse is good, I'm looking forward to getting smoother using it. It definitely changes a few riding scenarios...but I guess the whole one hand thing sorta blew that train off the tracks a long time ago.

Got some great stories for this first trip, also picked up some knowledge on bike and general life stuff. Probably got a story for each of you guys :lol2: Yall are awesome.

Wow, great weekend. Just got home after driving through massive rain (in the car so it’s a free car wash).

Thanks Dody for all the very generous hospitality. I also enjoyed our 50 mile ride today and talking guns and bikes later.

Brad, thanks for teaching me and Monica. I feel a ton better on the dirt now, but still have a lot to improve on with practice.

Monica, you were awesome riding your bike. I was amazed how well you did all the sessions. I hope to see you again on another ride/event.

It was great fun with a good group of guys and girls. I plan to repeat it again. The food was just over the top, amazing campfire cooking.

Mongo, that rzr is just amazing. Thanks for the ride. It will climb anything, very impresssive.

I am glad all that came had a great time. Sorry about no bonfire and chair burning but there is always next time and at least we have a bonfire built lol. I expect it will grow as time drags on. My whole life is focused on March 6!!! After airing the XChallenge out with Brad I have spent the rest of the day putting up signs and politicking!

Wow, great weekend. Just got home after driving through massive rain (in the car so it’s a free car wash).

Thanks Dody for all the very generous hospitality. I also enjoyed our 50 mile ride today and talking guns and bikes later.

Brad, thanks for teaching me and Monica. I feel a ton better on the dirt now, but still have a lot to improve on with practice.

Monica, you were awesome riding your bike. I was amazed how well you did all the sessions. I hope to see you again on another ride/event.

It was great fun with a good group of guys and girls. I plan to repeat it again. The food was just over the top, amazing campfire cooking.

Mongo, that rzr is just amazing. Thanks for the ride. It will climb anything, very impresssive.

Monica I have to say that you remind me a lot of a ride I did in 2015. It was an Iron Butt Ride that was called a RAT ride. A ride around the perimeter of Texas in 85 hours or less. We had a free for all start time and whomever showed up was in for the ride.
A guy showed up with half a right hand and kicked *** for the next three days despite his disabilities.
That is the tenacity I love to see in motorcycle riders that will not give in! You will be one of those riders that will have a place in my and many others hearts with your willingness to adapt and overcome. I hope to see you soon on the next gathering.

Thanks Dody for the weekend, always a blast.

Brad thanks for letting me tender hot coals for you [emoji12]. But seriously thanks for cooking and the stories.

5 of us rode out to san Saba for lunch staying on back roads.

David dahvid, joe dosxx, Dave 2wheelnut and Gary garyra.

I was leading and I managed to run 2 guys out of gas. Dosxx and 2 wheelnut.

Joe and I switched bikes for 17 miles. He has a vfr1200x dct with a rdl seat. It is like Your sitting on angels hands. I think in that 17 mile stretch I had that mighty v4 under 100mph for like 1/2 mile. This made the bike very thirsty!

Joe got his first big bike adv ride Friday, garyra in the big GSA

0cc886faab7e47e3b4371bb09c56b8a1.jpg

Camp

afb4df5f7af1f4c3b33b6befaa0342b3.jpg

Wedding oak

ad1734f261d64f0c6e23cb73f8d95aad.jpg

29cea1ab008dd4c10ba88c86d344634c.jpg

Gas stops

c1c46cca194cd18d13419df1b359b1ef.jpg

86b42770f026c04c5b269e7a74a44c42.jpg

Last edited:
0174b1b6f9aeb1402103cda6bff6465e.jpg

I was dogging the IBA this weekend to MisterK. About not being on top of my certified rides that had been submitted.
Well I have to eat some crow today. This certificate for another BBG (1500 miles in 24 hours or less) was waiting for me at home. My break in Ride for my new cross tourer.
This is the kind of rides I get into. This is my 4th BBG on record since 2010

0174b1b6f9aeb1402103cda6bff6465e.jpg

I was dogging the IBA this weekend to MisterK. About not being on top of my certified rides that had been submitted.
Well I have to eat some crow today. This certificate for another BBG (1500 miles in 24 hours or less) was waiting for me at home. My break in Ride for my new cross tourer.
This is the kind of rides I get into. This is my 4th BBG on record since 2010

Congrats! I don't know how you do it. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Well, I made it home fine yesterday. On a light mist that started about 5 miles from the houses so that was nice.

Had a great time. I've already culled the pictures down and edited some. I'll have them up this evening. For Brad and Monica, I've got a lot of you in the class. You will find some good ones, but most are just useful for looking at your body position. Kind of a visual feedback, I guess.

dosxx, congrats on the Bun Burner :chug: I'm looking forward to the next event i can make. Yeah that guy on the RAT ride, don't count out us gimps, we're stubborn.

Jbh, thanks. You did well. Like I said, it was neat to see you progress through each exercise as a variable was added. I coach basketball and soccer at the Y. Saturday was an interesting mix of being the student again but also knowing what it feels like in the instructor's shoes. I'd watch you nail it and wanna go high five you and Brad was on the side trying to do back flips he was so pumped.

Speaking of pumped, Mongo, dude you had me hollering like a fool on your Rzr. It was awesome. The machine is just incredible. I still cant believe how long your tires lasted. And you taught me about the necessity of a brushless cordless tool. It was an educational weekend.

Woodbutcher, like I told Daveed when I saw you up there at class taking pics, "don't crash, don't crash, look cool, don't crash..". lol I bet you got good shots from the weekend all around. I'm not a photographer but I shoulda brought my old trusty Nikon like I was thinking to get random photos of beautiful stuff. When I did leatherwork I would photo each order before it went out. I'd set it up in the right background and just find that just right shot where colors and objects and things made sense and "click", it was good. Next trip. Oh I did want you to know the way you had me tie down the bike for the trip home worked well. I could tell just by pulling out to the gate that the bike was much more stable. I would recommend that to anyone using the MX Hauler, tie out to the bumper corners and it is set. Erik Marquez said the same when I texted him a hello as I burned diesel past his road going up. He had asked how the hauler was doing after the mods.

I already got the bike in a few pieces again.. I'm messing with control buttons on the handlebars and fixing to go get a new spark plug and some oil. I'll probably get back in the clutch again, check on the Rekluse and make sure parts look good and check for unusual wear or metal in the oil. I'm going in search of a license plate bracket too. Poor LP is just sitting on the table all sad. I'm going to try and add a Neutral indicator light too. Not certain how to do that yet. Also, I'm going to check my rear brake :ponder:

Last edited:
Monica, Rekluse makes a clutch for just about every motorcycle. They even make one for the KTM 1290's. Your still welcome to ride my 950 Super Enduro next time ! ! ! :rider: I'm so glad to see folks like you, not give up on a dream by a set back. You Go Girl ! ! ! :clap: Hope to see ya at the next outing.

Back