• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

70/80s Yamaha YZ250

I have a line on a 2005 Honda crf250r, not a 2 stroke.
Will have it list as soon as it gets to the house.

Screenshot_20210911-190449_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Dang. I just realized you want a 250. I saw 70 80 . My bad.

View attachment 302149

Wow that brings back some memories right there! I think that was just like the bike I road when I was young. The one in the photo looks like a plastic tank, but I'm pretty darn sure that this year/model had a steal tank, I know mine did. I learned to ride on a 65 beater....then moved up to this with many awesome memories. Most of which just contained a basic open-face helmet, some blue jeans, t-shirt and leather work gloves. This little bike would rip.

Thanks
CJB

I'm pretty certain mine was an 80/81 YZ80. I sorta thought it was first year of the mono-shock but last year of the steel tanks. I'm 99% sure it had a steel tank. I need to go dig up some photos for nostalgia (and memories) sake!

-CJB

I hear ya. I had an '83 YZ125 that had been setup for desert cross country. It was the single funnest dirtbike I ever rode

I wish to heck I had my early 70s Yamaha 360 enduro. The engine sounded just like the brand name: yam-am-am-am.....

Back