• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

71 TM400 (replica)

Marc B

Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Briggs
So I bought this 73 TS400 with no lights dressed in rattle can yellow, the rest of it is pretty decent, no rust, new tires, good brakes, runs strong and smooth, I deleted the yellow, searched high and low for TM fenders with no luck, paid a small fortune for the like new tank, bought a new preston petty front, cut and painted another PP front and mounted to the rear, of course the TM had alum akront rims with a 21"front while the TS got chrome.
20882140_1710491388964038_4292794459099674836_n.jpg

21192476_1724812627531914_3711040430391656563_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cool looking bike. I've never seen an exhaust run like that. I bet that had its drawbacks.
Nice restore

Cool looking bike. I've never seen an exhaust run like that. I bet that had its drawbacks.
Nice restore

The cross under exhaust, "low pipe" was the hot set up in it's day mostly used on flat track bikes but also came on several MX models, the fewer turns in the pipe resulted in more HP, less restriction although less ground clearance as well.

stock shocks?
No those are Red Wings, commonly called "Hammerheads". Pipe is not stock either but OEM was a cross under also. If pipe is old probably a Bassani if new either a Jemco or Circle F, both in Houston.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

The cross under exhaust, "low pipe" was the hot set up in it's day mostly used on flat track bikes but also came on several MX models, the fewer turns in the pipe resulted in more HP, less restriction although less ground clearance as well.

Very cool. I vaguely remember the flat track brawls of that day. I was busy working my trail 50 honda during those years.

Bet that dude was LOUD !

I had a 1975 CR125 Elsinore with a pipe like that. I was constantly banging it on something and welding cracks on it.

Back