• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

77 Yamaha Enduro 500

synthlegend

Forum Supporter
It would be cool if Triumph would take it's new XE Scrambler platform and put a 600CC or so version of their engine in....could get something like this.

First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Beautiful bike.
I had an SR500, same engine. Loved it.
I've always wondered if the XT500 and the SR500 had the exact same engine. I had a 78 XT500 and loved it, but couldn't keep the valves in adjustment (I think the valve stems were soft). They never did find the problem, but Carter's Yamaha (family friend) gave me a new SR500 to ride while they worked on the XT. The SR was SLOW compared to the XT. I figured there had to be a difference in the cam, compression, or something & didn't think the difference in performance was attributable to gearing alone. I wound up trading for an XS500E because the SR500's performance was such a disappointment to me & I really did want to like the SR500.